Scaled Composites wins CEV/Lunar Exploration Contract!

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

wvbraun

From the t/Space website:<br /><br /><i>The t/Space team includes Burt Rutan’s Scaled Composites Inc., which made history recently by rocketing the first commercial pilot into suborbital space aboard SpaceShipOne. Another key player is AirLaunch LLC, which is under contract with the Defense Dept. to develop a low-cost responsive launch vehicle. These two companies will collaborate on the design of a Crew Exploration Vehicle (CEV) to carry NASA astronauts to the Moon in the next decade, and eventually to Mars. Their design will demonstrate how the CEV can be developed on an affordable basis by private industry via NASA incentives, saving the government billions of dollars compared to traditional contracting approaches.</i><br /><br /><br />I very much hope t/Space is selected as one of the teams for the CEV fly-off in 2008. I didn't even realize that Scaled Composites was involved in Project Constellation.

O

omegamogo

Then the contract is in good hands! I'm really thrilled for them ^_^ I didn't know Scaled were even contending for it!

J

john_316

I'll just be happy to see the dang thing built...<br /><br />I guess these CEV designs are not gonna be released anytime soon by what I see and gather...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts