scenario : Earth stops rotating

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

prabhavathi

Hi,

If Earth stops rotating itself suddenly, I guess we will be flying in the universe.

But for a scenario, Lets assume nothing happens differently. (Oceans, nature and everything behaves normally like now)

Just Earth is not rotating. So can we survive?

* We are rotating with earth. Is it possible to live on another planet which rotates in different speed?

Just want to know if we can survive if the speed varies..

M

MeteorWayne

Well if the moon keeps orbiting, there would still be tides. But a day would last a year, which would make it mighty hot in the daytime and mighty cold at night.

P

prabhavathi

MeteorWayne":3drxnt6c said:
Well if the moon keeps orbiting, there would still be tides. But a day would last a year, which would make it mighty hot in the daytime and mighty cold at night.

I mainly want to know about our body and brain behavior in zero or less rotation speed.

P

prabhavathi

MeteorWayne":38rqwba7 said:
No difference, Why should there be?

I thought we are rotating with the earth with the speed of 1000 miles per hour. So i guessed we will become unconscious or something.

M

MeteorWayne

Why? Since our whole refererece frame, the earth, buildings, air etc move at the same speed, we wouldn't even notice. People would weigh a (very) little more, especially at the equator.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts