Searching for Earths Georeactor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

project0rion

The following are some recently published papers, from the Netherlands, from Russia, and from the US, on the Georeactor hypothesis, posted in pdf format at Dr. Marvin Herndon's web site at www.nuclearplanet.com<br />Its great to see the science really taking off now !<br />Some very interesting physics !<br /><br />R. J. de Meijer, E. R. van der Graaf and K. P. Jungmann, "Quest for a Nuclear Georeactor", arXiv.org (April 8, 2004). <br />www.nuclearplanet.com/0404046.pdf<br /><br />G. Domogatski, V. Kopeikin, L. Milaelyan and V. Sinev, "Neutrino Geophysics at Baksan I: Possible Detection of Georeactor Antineutrinos" arXiv.org (January 28, 2004). <br />http://www.nuclearplanet.com/Neutrino%20Geophysics%20at%20Baksan%20I.pdf<br />See also arXiv.org (March 17, 2004). <br />www.nuclearplanet.com/0403155.pdf<br /><br />R. S. Raghavan, "Detecting a Nuclear Fission Reactor at the Center of the Earth", arXiv.org (August 27, 2002).<br />http://www.nuclearplanet.com/georeactor%20neutrino%20detection,%200208038.pdf<br /><br />I was lucky enough to interview Dr Herndon for a SpaceDaily article. Great guy. Very down to Earth.<br /><br />EARLIER SCIENTIFIC PAPERS AT http://www.nuclearplanet.com/scientific_papers.htm<br /><br />This update courtesy of Jaro. Thanks mate.

T

thalion

I have to admit, I've found this idea interesting from when I first heard it. While I don't subscribe to his Jupiter hypothesis, I think his "georeactor" model should at least be tested and taken seriously, as I have yet to hear a good reason why it couldn't exist. That said, I'm sticking with the standard model until more direct, supporting evidence comes up.

P

pr0ject0rion

<blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr /><p>The idea of a geo-reactor is all very interesting but the catch is there is not a shred of evidence to suggest that it is true. <p><hr /></p></p></blockquote><br /><br />If you mean direct evidence then the same can be said of all theories about the Earth's core. Nobody to my knowledge has been there. If you are saying no evidence exists at all then I have to disagree. There is a great deal of supportive evidence. <br /><br /><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr /><p>Nuclear reactors do NOT create magnetic effects.<p><hr /></p></p></blockquote><br /><br />Commercial reactors don't create any magnetic field detectable over a significant distance. Planetary reactors are a lot bigger. Magnetism and energy go hand in hand. It now appears that heavy metals are not only possible at planetary cores but important during planetary formation. A survey of local stars has concluded that those rich in metal are far more likely to harbour planets. <br /><br /><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr /><p>So, it's interesting and wild speculation, but that's it.<p><hr /></p></p></blockquote><br /><br />This is very respectable science and the outcome of much detailed research. <br /><br /><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr /><p>I doubt it'd eve be published in any good peer reviewed journals, either. It's just too wild and unsubstantiated.<p><hr /></p></p></blockquote><br /><br />It's been published in:<br /><br />Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences USA.<br />Journal of Geomagnetism and Geoelectricity.<br />Proceedings of the Royal Society of London.<br /><br />To name just a few from the top of my head.

Status
Not open for further replies.