Semi-Quasi-Steady-State morphs that do not go away

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

alkalin

<br />Newton, and cosmologists too, believed that light could not change it’s wavelength in free space. It turns out one of lights’ properties is non-linearity. It is regrettable that so little cross-feed is going on between cosmology and experimental work in optics and physics, you know, the real lab work, or maybe you do not know... Someone may have already mentioned the correlation experiments I am about to give. But if no one has then I hope I have made the point.<br /><br />Laboratory work has been occurring now for about 20 years in correlation phenomena that shows clearly that light does change it’s wavelength in free space due to the nearness of other ‘photons’ and/or a mix of atomic matter. A good reference on this is Kandpal, Vaishya, & Joshi, “Correlation-induced spectral shifts in optical measurements”, Optical Engineering, 1994. These authors reference many other theoretical and experimental results published in various journals. And there probably are many more since this publication, I just haven’t checked on it since retirement. Does any of this make it into the astrophysics journals? NOT that I know of.<br /><br />What is it we find in ‘empty’ space? All the stars everywhere are pouring out photons, consequently space is full of photons going in all directions. When a visible photon has traveled 13 billion years to get here, it has come close to a countless number of other photons traveling at all angles to its initial direction. And also remember a large quantity of photons likely belongs to the so-called CMB. So is visible light affected by this wavelength also?<br /><br />This photon we’re talking about also has come very close to almost countless numbers of matter in the form of electrons, atomic nuclei, or molecules. Yes, this matter is tenuous in the intergalactic regions, none-the-less amounts to about 10^20 close encounters if there is about one every 100 miles or so, for a sojourn of 10 billion years. But most of these encount

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts