Solar storm frenzy of May 2024 was strong enough to affect the deep sea

Jan 13, 2024
Visit site
Setting "deep sea at the bottom of the ocean" aside, has anyone not done the elementary school ferritic particles and bar magnetic experiments that showed how magnetic field lines can be influenced? Disturbing with say another magnet disturbs the entire line of magnetic flux? So, would one find it surprising that injecting high energy charged plasma into the Earth's magnetic field and causing the wondrous aurora would also disrupt the lines of magnetic flux...in their entirety?

Apr 15, 2020
Visit site
Can we all remember the doom and gloom predictions if we had another Carrington event. It looks like we just had another one, and not much happened. So much for big magnetic storms sending us back to the stone age. I guess not.

Aug 13, 2024
Visit site
Can we all remember the doom and gloom predictions if we had another Carrington event. It looks like we just had another one, and not much happened. So much for big magnetic storms sending us back to the stone age. I guess not.
I am unable to find any 4-digit nT storms, particularly ones likely well exceeding -1,600 nT. Did I miss something?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts