Someday take Mars and make it a star ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

k24anson

or make another flag with a totally new design reflecting the fact that the entire planet Mars is a possession of the U.S. of A. A new fifty-first star on Old Glory, or we're the first nation to fly two flags together, Old Glory and this new one.<br /><br />And the USA possesses the planet as far as the future commercial and political aspects are concerned. If they want to they can but the people living and working on Mars a thousand years from today are not forced to bow to Earth five times a day and pray, like some parts of the world.<br /><br />The assault to the sensibilities of these dinosauric cultures and governments that presently exist today if the USA does someday in actuality take steps to formally, "legally" colonize and then set the order and tone to the daily life of the future people of Mars who work, and play there ...? God, we ARE! better then they are.<br /><br />Present Western values, mores and scruples will dominate more of the future societies that'll exist than any other one's that are existing today. And what better way to get all the young whipper snappers of tomorrow to realize this is so than to have them find out one day that we own the entire planet of Mars? It's the Stars and Stripes, not their flag that's spread out extended on the surface of the Moon today, already. I say let's keep the ball rolling in the eyes of future generations: <br /><br />I say no! to more resources to put astronauts back on the Moon in the future. I say Yes!! to going full steam ahead, and Damn the torpedoes! to an all out effort to establish colonies on Mars ..., to maybe get an atmosphere like Earth's going there ..., and wait ...,<br /><br />My alarm clock is ringing ... and I'm waking up ...<br /><br />Wow, was I just dreaming there, or what? <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <span style="color:#000080" class="Apple-style-span">Stay focused. Go slow. Keep it simple.</span> </div>

J

john_316

Well this anti-french guy likes the idea too... <br /><br /><br />hehehehehehehehe<br /><br />

S

spayss

Sure, we'll make Mars a 'star' just like Britain is still run by the Romans and the Monguls still rule the Ukraine.<br /><br /> The USA will be long gone before there are viable colonies on Mars. Or, if the USA still exists, the only land outside the 50 we'll still be governing will be Iraq.

Status
Not open for further replies.