Sorry, E.T. fans: Interstellar visitor 'Oumuamua isn’t an alien spacecraft, it’s just passing gas

PSH

Mar 22, 2023
Visit site
Logically speaking Oumuamua could be an intelligent rock. How do we know how alien life would appear to us. Now if you remember back in 1975 one of the most popular novelty items marketed in the U.S. was the Pet Rock. That was over 45 years ago. If our TV and radio stations broadcasted commercials for the Pet Rock then after 24 years of traveling at the speed of light these broadcasts would have reached dozens of star systems. What if one of these star systems had smart rocks monitoring our broadcasts. They might think we were imprisoning small slow moving helpless rocks to be our pets. They may also have monitored for even a longer period of time our rock music, and liked it. Now if they had advanced technologies that could defy all principles of modern physics (our physics not rock physics) and and they could move mass at the speed of light (requiring an infinite amount of energy), they could be here by 2017 which is when Oumuamua arrived in our Solar System. They probably wanted to visit, hang out and go to a few rock concerts but when we gave their vehicle that ridiculous name, they said these people just are not cool, Oumuamua is just not pronounceable for a rock, and they skipped town. If we called it Crick Crack Bonk we might be rock'n on with it now to some real heavy metal rock like nickel and iron meteors. If you ask me that is irrefutable evidence for smart rocks. :cool::D

Reactions: COLGeek
May 22, 2021
Visit site
I don't believe for a minute that they didn't get at least a radar image of this object much less some good quality optical images from DoD satellites. If they didn't someone was sitting down on the job.

mod

Mar 23, 2023
Visit site
I'm no scientist, but, sorry, I don't buy it. If this is the SIMPLEST answer, why wasn't it hypothesized right off the bat six years ago? It just doesn't make sense. I'm not saying it's DEFINITELY aliens like our friend on a certain History Channel TV show, but something with this thing is up if there was such a rush by the community to see if RADIO SIGNALS were being emanated by the object? Is this standard practice for all comets? C'mon people. :)

PSH

Mar 22, 2023
Visit site
Logically speaking Oumuamua could be an intelligent rock. How do we know how alien life would appear to us. Now if you remember back in 1975 one of the most popular novelty items marketed in the U.S. was the Pet Rock. That was over 45 years ago. If our TV and radio stations broadcasted commercials for the Pet Rock then after 24 years of traveling at the speed of light these broadcasts would have reached dozens of star systems. What if one of these star systems had smart rocks monitoring our broadcasts. They might think we were imprisoning small slow moving helpless rocks to be our pets. They may also have monitored for even a longer period of time our rock music, and liked it. Now if they had advanced technologies that could defy all principles of modern physics (our physics not rock physics) and and they could move mass at the speed of light (requiring an infinite amount of energy), they could be here by 2017 which is when Oumuamua arrived in our Solar System. They probably wanted to visit, hang out and go to a few rock concerts but when we gave their vehicle that ridiculous name, they said these people just are not cool, Oumuamua is just not pronounceable for a rock, and they skipped town. If we called it Crick Crack Bonk we might be rock'n on with it now to some real heavy metal rock like nickel and iron meteors. If you ask me that is irrefutable evidence for smart rocks. :cool::D
I just wanted to mention if this alien spacecrafts a rock'n don't come a knock'n.

Reactions: Pogo
What I was referring to was that they hypothesized (is that a word?) some more exotic chemistry to produced the excess acceleration before settling on the more simple hydrogen gas from irradiated water.

Reactions: billslugg
This was a body length of a few hundred meters or a thousand at the most. The close approach was about 33m km. Trig that and you get something like 0.0006 seconds of arc image, lucky if it’s a pixel on an imager. Just no way of an image more than a dot.

Reactions: billslugg

Latest posts