Sounds in Space.

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

NASA2985

Hi my name is Stuart, I was wondering and maybe this answer has been answered.
Okay is there any type of sound in space. Like Stars making a noise or a rock hitting another rock in space.
Another question, is there any type of life on the the other side of our outer space.
Because people keep seeing these UFO's coming to Earth.
I've always followed the NASA program even when they are going to the Space Station.
Or when NASA discover another planet or a new Star.
I guess you can say I'm a big NASA fan.
NASA2985@YAHOO.COM

M

MeteorWayne

There is no sound "in space", since you need gas, liquid or solid particles of sufficient density to transmit sound.
Within the atmosphere of planets or stars, there is sound, but once you get into the near vacuum of space, nope, no sound.

Don't know what you mean by "the other side" of outer space. It seems likely there is some kind of life somewhere out there, but we haven't found any. UFO's are usually common sky phenomena misidentified by people who don't understand what they are seeing. UFO discussions here will be found in "The Unexplained" forum.

Welcome to Space.com!

Wayne

A

aphh

There would be audible sound only if there's medium for the sound waves to travel. So there would be sound on the surface of Mars, forexample, and in fact Phoenix did carry a microphone with it and if I'm not mistaken some audio from Mars were recorded.

Also, scientists have converted electromagnetic frequencies into audible format. Some objects, like Jupiter, emit a strong radiation on radio frequencies. Scientists captured the waveform of the radiation and transformed that into audible wavelengths and we had planet Jupiter "singing".

J

jasonpply

i also thought i saw a video of the planet saturn making noise?? on this website. wouldnt cassini have been in space during this recording?

M

MeteorWayne

IIRC, that was radio waves converted into sound, not actual sound recordings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts