Space.com article responses.

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

kelvinzero

Ok, this is a small thing that we can probably do nothing about,

But I find the majority of responses to space.com articles pretty close to vandalism.

I mean really. The space.com replies section is becoming the venue of choice for the kooks who even find public forums to be too much peer review for their excellent nuggets of wisdom. It is ideally designed for writing pronouncements and any reply is either hidden in the collapsed replies section or several pages later.

I dont know what formatting options are available so I dont know if any of these suggestions are remotely practical but:
one possible way to improve this could be to limit the size of comments. It would also be great to see editor replies (not hidden in that collapsible replies section. If the entries could be displayed just as collapsed headings then that could be better also.

My main point is that it is a problem and it lowers the standard of the site in the same way that graffiti lowers the value of a neighborhood.

A

a_lost_packet_

That's the problem with most sites that use "Comments" sections in their articles. There's generally a lot of static there. But, the upside is that any well visited site is going to have a high degree of static in those types of posts. So, that's a good thing, I suppose.

I also agree that character limits are extremely important, IMO, for Comments posts. Something manageable that gives opportunity for a good, detailed yet brief comment would be in order if they don't already have a suitable limit there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts