Space Launch Calendar 2019: Sky Events, Missions & More

Dec 5, 2020
Visit site
first time at your site - Great!
You might check your Jan 2 comment "perihelion" - pretty sure it's "closest" to the sun. My mnemonic was always "pretty close"/ counterintuitive for during our "winter" . Thanks.

"Jan. 2: Happy perihelion day! Earth is farthest from the sun today. "

rel

Jan 4, 2021
Visit site
Need clarification of time zones....
In the calendar on Jan 6 states "10:10 a.m. EST (1410 GMT)."
10:10am EST is NOT 1410GMT! This needs to be corrected

Likewise Jan 11th 9:25 a.m. EST (1325 GMT) also needs to be corrected.

Last edited:
Jan 10, 2021
Visit site
Is this 2021 calendar available as a google calendar (or even a cal file)? NYTimes has one but this one is so much more complete. That would be super cool!

Jan 16, 2021
Visit site
Feb 26, 2021
Visit site
Equinox is the mid-day of spring ppl! Equinox is in the middle at the equator, therefore it is the middle of spring. Isn't it?
Am I the only on who thinks the equinox is mid-Spring/mid-Autumn and not the first day of? I mean its kind of a bit of a difference. Its the 1st day of the Sun shining at 90° at the equator and soon to be in northern hemisphere.
Otherwise how would the summer solstice, being the longest day of the year not be the middle of summer? Summer begins when daylight starts to wane? No. It begins 1.5 moons before the solstice/equinox. 1st day of spring was 03Feb. I confirmed it by noticing plants flowering!

Feb 26, 2021
Visit site
Equinox is the mid-day of spring ppl! Equinox is in the middle at the equator, therefore it is the middle of spring. Isn't it?
Am I the only on who thinks the equinox is mid-Spring/mid-Autumn and not the first day of? I mean its kind of a bit of a difference. Its the 1st day of the Sun shining at 90° at the equator and soon to be in northern hemisphere.
Otherwise how would the summer solstice, being the longest day of the year not be the middle of summer? Summer begins when daylight starts to wane? No. It begins 1.5 moons before the solstice/equinox. 1st day of spring was 03Feb. I confirmed it by noticing plants flowering!
I am at 33.8°N 118°W. Thats why flowers bloomed so early.
On Northern Vernal Equinox Day, if one is at the North Pole, it is the 1st day of Spring; but if one is at the equator its the middle of Summer. Wherever the dynamic equator is, there its the midSummer. So when its the Northern Summer Solstice, its midSummer at the tropic of Cancer all the way up to the North Pole. I'm thinking the July/August heatwave is just that as the climate/solar wind folds onto itself as the dynamic equator moves South, as Earth reaches Aphelion.

So, it all depends where one is located on Earth in relation to the Sun that determines actual 1st days of seasons.
Hardly anyone lives at the North Pole. Not even Santa, I think. Most diverse biota are located within the tropics.
Plz, no development within the Tropics! Plz, keep it natural. Thank you. 🙏

Jun 11, 2021
Visit site
https://calendar.google.com/calendar/u/0?cid=N2J0bXBwZ205czFvN25nb2Y4bzh1OW9zZmNAZ3JvdXAuY2FsZW5kYXIuZ29vZ2xlLmNvbQ
Since there is no calendar, I made one for my self on Google Calendar. You can use it too. I have not completed it yet, but I will in a few days.

https://calendar.google.com/calendar/u/0?cid=N2J0bXBwZ205czFvN25nb2Y4bzh1OW9zZmNAZ3JvdXAuY2FsZW5kYXIuZ29vZ2xlLmNvbQ
Since there is no calendar, I made one for my self on Google Calendar. You can use it too. I have not completed it yet, but I will in a few days.

Hey, I hope you’re well. Is the calendar still available? I tried adding the calendar using the url and it says it doesn’t exist.

Reactions: yohandz007
Aug 14, 2021
Visit site
Feb 3 in Ohio was definitely not springlike in any sense of the word. Temps ranged from 26° to 32°F with wind gusts over 30mph and light snow. For me, the first real sign of spring is the Daytona 500. The second sign is when Spring training starts a few weeks later and I can cautiously begin to pack away my winter gear

Latest posts