Space Vision Slides Online

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

radarredux

For those interested in following the course of the "New Vision" effort, there are now a number of slide presentations (in PDF) from 11 teams who won the initial round of contracts.<br /><br />There is a surprising amount of detail on the slides.<br /><br />http://www.spaceref.com/news/viewpr.html?pid=15303<br /><br /><br />[I apologize if this has already been posted... I have been too busy lately to keep up to date on the postings.]

N

no_way

t/Space proposal made sense. SpaceHab's one somewhat.<br />Others give .. well .. "where have i seen this before? " feeling.

C

crix

I agree, t/Space very clearly stands out from the others. Their approach is so fresh and they make it sound like they actually WANT to do this, vs just wanting a huge contract. It's fantastic!

R

radarredux

> <i><font color="yellow">I agree, t/Space very clearly stands out from the others.</font>/i><br /><br />I also agree that t/Space is very interesting. I would characterize their approach as spiral development of an industry, not a specific product.<br /><br />Unfortunately, I see several possible problem with their approach:<br /><br />(1) At this stage they have focused on an economic model and road map and not on hardware model and road map. This is a pretty dramatic paradigm shift; I wonder if the old guard which rose to power on the current paradigm can accept this change in approach?<br /><br />(2) I am worried about lack of support for the plan in NASA. The t/Space plan takes away from NASA the designing, building, owning, and operating of all the space hardware. Is NASA willing to give up this much control? What would happen to current NASA employees involved in such efforts?<br /><br />(3) I am worried about political support. I suspect much of NASA support in Congress comes from congress people with major NASA facilities or major aerospace contractors in their districts. The t/Space plan potentially takes away money and jobs from these organizations. Would NASA lose political support from key people in Congress under this plan?</i>

Status
Not open for further replies.