Space weather forecasting satellite

Oct 23, 2020
Visit site
UK is about to lauch it`s own space weather forecasting satellite which is called SWIMMR. The four year programme (2019-2023) is focusing on reducing the potential radiation hazards of space weather to satellites and aviation operations, mitigating potential space weather effects on communication and global positioning. What is your expectation from this program?

Oct 23, 2020
Visit site
I am very worried about the enormous amount of garbage accumulating around our planet, and potential danger to new launches.

IIRC there was a collision recently.

Cat :)
Space garbage is another important issue, but getting back to the space weather has a huge affect on technology on Earth and technology we have in space like satellites, microsatellites and ISS

Reactions: CCooper96
Feb 11, 2021
Visit site
I'm also worried about the amount of space junk around the Earth, but I understand that our future life is impossible without launching new satellites and forming constellations. However, I have a solution, but I don't know how you'll take it. Well, I think that it would be good both for satellite launchers and for us to make the most out of each mission. For example, Britain wants to launch SWIMMR sat. Why don't they want to cooperate with any research group, equip this satellite with a useful payload, such as a high-resolution imager and observe the environment? I know that South African endeavor Dragonfly Aerospace cooperates with numerous satellite launchers and producer decent payloads. What do you think about my idea?

Reactions: serhiy1635
Oct 23, 2020
Visit site
I'm also worried about the amount of space junk around the Earth, but I understand that our future life is impossible without launching new satellites and forming constellations. However, I have a solution, but I don't know how you'll take it. Well, I think that it would be good both for satellite launchers and for us to make the most out of each mission. For example, Britain wants to launch SWIMMR sat. Why don't they want to cooperate with any research group, equip this satellite with a useful payload, such as a high-resolution imager and observe the environment? I know that South African endeavor Dragonfly Aerospace cooperates with numerous satellite launchers and producer decent payloads. What do you think about my idea?
Yeah, space debris became an issue nowadays. I guess scientists should work on the issue of the short lifespan of microsatellites. I hope that in some time scientists will succeed and solve that issue. By doing that scientists can reduce the number of launches and the number of dead satellites in the orbit of Earth.

Reactions: CCooper96
Feb 11, 2021
Visit site
Yeah, space debris became an issue nowadays. I guess scientists should work on the issue of the short lifespan of microsatellites. I hope that in some time scientists will succeed and solve that issue. By doing that scientists can reduce the number of launches and the number of dead satellites in the orbit of Earth.
Sorry, but we can't reduce the number of launches...

Latest posts