SpaceDev Flies Prototype Hybrid Rocket Lunar Lander

Page 2 - Seeking answers about space? Join the Space community: the premier source of space exploration, innovation, and astronomy news, chronicling (and celebrating) humanity's ongoing expansion across the final frontier.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

docm

One tank makes sense to me. Most likely lighter than four tanks of the same total capacity and a sure way to guarantee the same pressure to all four engines, nitrous oxide being self-pressurizing. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> </div>

A

aphh

* that this test was not as impressive as I first thought.<br /><br />I think you're right. Back to the drawing board, I guess.<br /><br />But the lander is what is going to be needed next. It will be interesting to see who comes up first with a spaceworthy lunar lander. I'd rather see it done in the next few years and with a few millions rather than the next decades and using hundreds of millions. <br /><br />This is why I had high hopes for this test, although I admit Armadillo clearly is ahead at this point. That Armadillo could not win anything in the Northrop challenge this year was a big disappointment, because a year had gone and basically no progress in the lander department could be demonstrated.

Status
Not open for further replies.