Question Spaceship attached to an electrical wired propeller platform?

Sep 23, 2020
Visit site
Hi,

I thought about an idea of entering space with less rocket fuel and hopefully increased safety.

Is it possible to build an extremely large platform of electrical charged propellers that surround the
spaceship and lifts it up to maximum efficient propeller altitude. The spaceship then begins to fire at certain
altitude and releases itself from the platform. The platform descends down and can be used again.

I don't know if this will be an issue of cost efficiency but the electrical cord adds more and more weight as higher it goes.

Knicks

Reactions: IG2007

IG2007

"Don't criticize what you can't understand..."
Well, logically speaking, that's not impossible. I can imagine what you are trying to say.

I don't think such a platform will be impossible. And, I guess, the astronauts inside the rocket won't feel the whole force as they are just above the platform, not directly connected to the platform. And, when it comes to reusing the platform, the thing you just need is a parachute and everything else will be alright.

But, I don't understand, how does this increase the safety of the astronauts?

Reactions: Catastrophe

Catastrophe

"Science begets knowledge, opinion ignorance.
Hi,

I thought about an idea of entering space with less rocket fuel and hopefully increased safety.

Is it possible to build an extremely large platform of electrical charged propellers that surround the
spaceship and lifts it up to maximum efficient propeller altitude. The spaceship then begins to fire at certain
altitude and releases itself from the platform. The platform descends down and can be used again.

I don't know if this will be an issue of cost efficiency but the electrical cord adds more and more weight as higher it goes.

Knicks
"I don't know if this will be an issue of cost efficiency but the electrical cord adds more and more weight as higher it goes. "

I think you have "got it in one".
The weight of the electric cables (which would have to be insulated) would soon be many times the weight of the spaceship. There may even come a point where you cannot lift the spaceship any higher because of the inability to supply power to lift the increased weight of the cables.

Think of it like a cable driven car. In this case you might reach a point when the power you are supplying is used up in moving the cables, not the car. Then you have the ground friction with the cables to overcome.

Cat :)

Latest posts