SpaceTime Expansion

Status
Not open for further replies.
X

xmo1

Guest
Maybe spacetime expansion accompanies the ejected energy (x-rays et al) of a black hole. Is there, or could there be possible local (to the hole) SpaceTime expansion that is faster than normal? Related: Do the great voids of the cosmos have spacetime, or is spacetime expanding to fill them?
 
M

MeteorWayne

Guest
This is a duplicate of many topics here in Physics and other fora. It will likely be merged into one of them. I will PM you about it's disposition.

PLEASE look for existing related topics before starting a new thread.
 
X

xmo1

Guest
MeteorWayne":33mlrxiz said:
This is a duplicate of many topics here in Physics and other fora. It will likely be merged into one of them. I will PM you about it's disposition.

PLEASE look for existing related topics before starting a new thread.
I am not a student, and my time is limited to get answers to questions that I have after reading a book here and there. Sorry for the inconvenience. I'll keep looking.

The point smaller than the period of this sentence is the description of a singularity. The energy tubes emanating from a SMBH look something like tornadoes. Tornadoes conform to the laws of fluid dynamics. What are the laws that govern the shape of radiant energy formations such as x-ray emanations. I know the phrase 'magnetic flux,' and I know that the spinning is probably caused by gravity, but is there a name for these dynamics? Seems the singularity is too small to be the source of tubes of this size, expecially considering that their shape seems to be generally straight line, and of a considerable diameter.

Does there exist somewhere on Earth something the size of a stick of gum that weighs a pound, or is that form of matter too unstable to form a solid object? Shooting in the dark here. Just wondering.
 
R

ramparts

Guest
The jets you see around supermassive black holes don't come from the black hole itself. Anything within a black hole's Schwarzschild radius will be unable to escape it, so there's no way the jets could be coming from inside there, much less from the singularity itself. In fact, they're emitted from the accretion disks of dust grains and other particles orbiting the black hole.
 
X

xmo1

Guest
ramparts":3cyc3xz7 said:
In fact, they're emitted from the accretion disks of dust grains and other particles orbiting the black hole.
Certainly is an exotic structure. I'll take the time to look into the subject. Thanks for the clues ramparts.
 
R

ramparts

Guest
Glad to help :) I don't know many good websites on the topic (though Wiki is usually fairly reliable, and NASA tends to maintain decent pages too) but you'll want to look for terms like active galactic nuclei (AGN) and black hole accretion disks if you're interested in this sort of thing.
 
X

xmo1

Guest
ramparts":1hbx666z said:
Glad to help :) I don't know many good websites on the topic (though Wiki is usually fairly reliable, and NASA tends to maintain decent pages too) but you'll want to look for terms like active galactic nuclei (AGN) and black hole accretion disks if you're interested in this sort of thing.
SDC has a directory devoted to BH's at http://www.space.com/blackholes/
They (with wiki*) are providing a goodly amount of information.
The lack of good explanations and descriptions of the math variables however, is disappointing to say the least. One way to encourage math and science is to explain the equations in simple terms. That way, we would all know the logic behind the theory. We all do not think in math, but neither are we stupid. The few people who do take the time to explain the difficult parts are the angels of science. They truely shine among their peers. Thanks again ramparts.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

ASK THE COMMUNITY