SpaceX Crew-1 astronauts name Dragon capsule 'Resilience'

The new SpaceX capsule is named Resilience. Be still my beating heart. People used to joke about the names that have come forth from NASA. You want to spark the imaginations of a new generations, you should come up with better names. You could not come up with something better? In a short search I came up with Abaven, Aedelweard, Aella, Amitola, Alastriona, and Alejandra. Anyone can pick a word out of a grade school of high school dictionary and make it a name. Resilience is such a fascinating name. It is very resilient. Kind a like Thor or Oden. How about Hercules. Then there is the African God of War Ogun. I guess the Greeks have fallen favor from the mortals of NASA, so they chose the lesser gods of Perseverance and Resilience.

Aug 5, 2020
Visit site
The next astronauts who will launch on a SpaceX capsule to the International Space Station looked to the present, rather than the past or the future, to select the name for their spacecraft. The Crew-1 astronauts chose "Resilience" for their ship's call sign.

SpaceX Crew-1 astronauts name Dragon capsule 'Resilience' : Read more

Agreed, its a terrible name. So overpoweringly dull and boring. Typical NASA unfortunately.... Perhaps follow Musk's lead and dip into some Iain M Banks for some good spaceship names...

I thought they should call this after the Steppe Class GSV "Don't Try This at Home" personally ... where do you think he got "Just Read the Instructions" & "Of Course I Still Love You"?

Reactions: Lovethrust

Latest posts