SpaceX Launch Day Thread

MMohammed

Community Manager
Oct 10, 2019
Visit site
After some struggle, it looks like we're getting closer to finally seeing SpaceX's first astronaut mission. So, what are you most excited about? Frankly, I will forever be fascinated by the engineering and know-how it takes to get a gargantuan piece of machinery into space.

Oh, and don't forget to head on over back to this thread to give us your live reactions and thoughts as the launch commences. For now, we're scheduled for tomorrow at 3:22 PM EDT.

C'mon Florida weather, help us out!

Last edited:

Wolfshadw

I wasn't around for the early US missile tests. I wasn't around for the NASA Mercury and Gemini projects. I was too young to remember the Apollo missions or the initial moon landing, and beyond that, there wasn't enough fanfare for my parents to make any other landing a memorable affair for me.

I remember Skylab falling back to Earth on my birthday in 1979. I remember the Enterprise liftoff from a 747 and landing. I remember Columbia's first launch....

I remember waking up in my college dorm room on January 28th, 1986. I only had afternoon classes on Tuesdays. I didn't make it to any of them that day.

I remember exactly where I was when Discovery lifted off on the 29th of Sept, 1988. I had joined the Air Force a year earlier. I was in my office with most of my entire squadron gathered around a 6" portable TV screen, watching the launch. My heart was racing as Discovery lifted off and it all but stopped when I heard the five scariest words I've ever heard: "Discovery. Go with throttle up." 30 seconds later, my eyes were full of tears and I had a fist raised in triumph.

Sadly, I was also watching on the 1st of February, 2003 and I heard the second scariest sentence I ever heard, "TC Flight: Lock the doors".

Unfortunately, I have a busy schedule this Saturday and may not be able to watch the launch live, but I know I will have the full gamut of emotions running that day. I'll post again, after tomorrow's events.

-Wolf sends

Last edited:
Nov 25, 2019
Visit site
Bring it on... we all really need this right now. Not just US citizens but all over the globe... I realise that most of the tech and money is US generated but we must all be united in the same goals and 'futuresight' (for want of a better word)
Lets get ready to rummmmmbbbblllleeeee…..

Reactions: MMohammed
It is great weather where I am at in MD too. I was out for 3 hours this morning splitting logs and stacking firewood for the coming winter :) No gas splitter used, sledge hammer, steel wedges, splitting maul, and double bladed ax work.

Reactions: Craftsman X

Latest posts