SpaceX to launch 60 Star satellites for megaconstellation tonight. Here's how to watch.

Jun 1, 2020
Visit site
With alI the recently published articles about astronomers (and others) wringing their hands and rending their garments over the 'sky pollution' that Starlink will cause, I just learned that, with all 12,000 satellites in orbit, only EIGHT will be visible over any given point and any given time. I realize they will be moving and may cause 'streaks' in long exposures, but EIGHT ??? In the entire sky ??? Who do you think is really behind these alarmist articles? Could it be Comcast, Spectrum, Verizon, and AT&T? Huh? Internet service, in just the US, is an incredibly profitable business, $Billions. And one that these telecom companies basically fell backwards into. With all that money at stake, I would naturally expect them to unleash every hound they have to stop it.

Jun 3, 2020
Visit site
Seems like they were really crying just after the launch when things are bunched up. When I saw the first story I remember a while ago the picture that was attached to the story showed the long line. At that point I had not read a lot on the Starlink program, I did think they had a point. After reading more, it really should not mess with the telescopes that bad. Agree some outside forces are at work to give them bad PR.

Latest posts