Speed of Light

Page 3 - Seeking answers about space? Join the Space community: the premier source of space exploration, innovation, and astronomy news, chronicling (and celebrating) humanity's ongoing expansion across the final frontier.
Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jatslo

These are facts:<br /><br />Velocity Time Dilation = 1 / sqrt(1-v²/c²)<br />Gravitational Time Dilation = 1 / sqrt(1-2GM/(c²r))<br /><br />Understanding them is difficult; makes my head hurt even. For starters, a medium is anything that acts as conduit from point “A” to “B” including, but not limited to, a pure vacuum. Even Gravity is a medium. From vantage point “T”, “A” and “B” equal “Y”, in which “Y” is bound to laws governing “T” in space-time, whereas space-time is 4 dimensions X, Y, Z, and Time.<br /><br />Time ticks and tocks, as in tick; tock; tick; tock … Constant<br /><br />A is headed towards B @ approximately 599,592 Km/s or visible-speed-of-light times two relative to the Milky Way galaxy, and B is at rest relative to Earth.<br /><br />The total package from vantage point “T”, or as far as “T” is concerned, is bound to the laws governing the visible-speed-of-light limit; however, “A” by itself is traveling “Sub-C”; “C”*2 relative to Milk Way galaxy. In fact, “A” is invisible, but because “A” is made of masses of matter, “A” projects gravity.<br /><br />You do the math.<br /><br />-infinity + infinity + kmarinas86 = kmarinas86; ROCKS ON!!!

E

electronman

I agree. All you've said about the speed of light is all well and good. But don't hold all your cards to it. According to a space.com article, "Quantum Astronomy: A cosmic-Scale Double-Slit Experiment" in four installments dated 13 January 2005 by Laurance R. Doyle time in quantum physics maybe far from being an absolute rather not a reality yet in the sense until the "time particles" are measured. If that is the case talking about speed or velocity is a moot point since speed is a derivative of distance with respect to time based in the classical deterministic meaning.<br />Mr Doyle with other scientists is working a cosmological experiment that may prove events that are faster than the speed of light based on the uncertainty principle. His article maybe hard to digest but it is encouraging. I urge you to read it. I would appreciate any comment you might have about it?

Status
Not open for further replies.