Star Trek II villian....

Page 2 - Seeking answers about space? Join the Space community: the premier source of space exploration, innovation, and astronomy news, chronicling (and celebrating) humanity's ongoing expansion across the final frontier.
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

StarRider1701

yevaud":7mbi9dm6 said:
Besides which, if the mission that granted him those powers but ultimately killed him hasn't even occurred yet - and may not even ever occur here - then he would be alive.

Yes, but if Gary Mitchell IS alive in the current, remade timeline, then he is about 12 yrs old or so. If you'll remember, he was a junior officer under the old Kirk, who was a bit older than the new Kirk is now. They both have a bit of growing up to do to re-reach that moment in time.

I agree, the Gorn might make a good new enemy. Tough to take down in hand to hand combat. Not sure how thier ships fare against ours, tho...

Y

yevaud

Hmm, I didn't think the age difference between the two wasn't that great, but you're likely correct.

Yep, so he's out.

Kirk began to run into three Klingon commanders fairly early on, and they kept reappearing in his later years: Kang, Koloff, and Kodos. Perhaps one of them?

C

Couerl

StarRider1701":1u9w2p7l said:
I agree, the Gorn might make a good new enemy. Tough to take down in hand to hand combat. Not sure how their ships fare against ours, tho...

Well, Sulu gave them full phasers and a full volley of photon torpedo's and they had no effect but, Jim had more success on the surface.. Seems the Gorns brought crappy disruptor artillery while we had photon mortars that could level a small mountain range in one shot. "bwebwebwebwbeeeee". :lol:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=emDn1BA9-z8[/youtube]

One of Jim's greatest performances.

P

pmn1

mmmh, Captain says 'Red Alert' and the crew member says 'what is is Captain'........now only if he had said that in a Father Dougal accent....

D

docm

Problem: the Vulcans are already in the new timeline, and Vulcan itself was destroyed in the first film.

A

a_lost_packet_

Couerl":tqrs72hg said:
Well, Sulu gave them full phasers and a full volley of photon torpedo's and they had no effect but, Jim had more success on the surface.. Seems the Gorns brought crappy disruptor artillery while we had photon mortars that could level a small mountain range in one shot. "bwebwebwebwbeeeee". :lol:

IIRC, Gorn ships were heavily armed/armored, but are sublight or at least not very fast.

K

keeper96

yevaud":26ey4mm3 said:
keeper96":26ey4mm3 said:
Gary Mitchell: dead (though I guess since they are rewriting canon they could resurrect him)

Gary Mitchell: not dead. This is a different timeline, and Kirk has taken commend of the Enterprise way prematurely, compared to the Classic Trek Timeline. Mitchell is alive and well here, we haven't even gotten to the point in time in which he becomes a neo-"Q."

Besides which, if the mission that granted him those powers but ultimately killed him hasn't even occurred yet - and may not even ever occur here - then he would be alive.

and if the mission that killed him hasn't occurred yet or doesn't occur...he would have no powers and thus be a really lame villain.

O

observer7

How about something based on the novel "The Price of the Phoenix" (Check wiki for details if you aren't familiar)

We get a really neat villian, lot's of interactions between the Romulan Commander, Spock, and a couple of Kirks. I really liked this book and it has lot's of potential in my opinion.

O7

S

StarRider1701

docm":1j113ewi said:
Problem: the Vulcans are already in the new timeline, and Vulcan itself was destroyed in the first film.

True, the planet was destroyed, but not the race. Many Vulcans were likely offworld at that time. They are now a race without a home, but there are still Vulcan people in the Universe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts