'Star Trek: Strange New Worlds' showrunners reveal origins of that historic (and epic) musical episode

Aug 9, 2023
Visit site
I don't know anyone who liked this episode. I was ultra cringe. Yes some of them are very talented but really it felt like an audition for Bollywood.

Does a poll change your opinion? Never has mine. Have you ever made a decision using a pole? That's like picking a choice of stupids. A pole is a direct assault on critical thinking.

What are they teaching these days?

Aug 9, 2023
Visit site
Does a poll change your opinion? Never has mine. Have you ever made a decision using a pole? That's like picking a choice of stupids. A pole is a direct assault on critical thinking.

Formed my opinion *before I saw any polls, in fact it was near instantaneous when they broke out into ridiculous song. I imagine most others formed it before voting as well. Always interesting to see if an episode is infamous or famous.

Nice try though.

Aug 11, 2023
Visit site

It's poll, not pole. No, it is not a direct assault on critical thinking. It is a tool used to sample for statistics. Which helps critical thinking, not attack it. It is not like picking a choice of stupids... because...that makes no sense.
You just attack it because it doesn't agree with you. You attacked Kev as well. Why? That behavior shows insecurities and or you're acting on emotions. It simply degrades your position in the discussion.
I agree. What are "they" (whoever they are that you're talking about) teaching these days?

Either way, you're right to like it. It's okay to.
However, he's right to hate it. It doesn't matter in this case, it's your opinion. There is no right or wrong answer to this because like or dislike of this episode is subjective, and it serves no purpose to get upset and belittle someone for how they feel about this espisode. Or any episode.

Me? I agree with Kev. I hated this episode. Absolutely hated it. I fast pressed foward through every song. This is the one I will pretend never happened. The episode that shall not be spoken of.

But you do you. I'm glad someone liked it. It's good all that work they did wasn't wasted because some do like it. Besides, they can't please everyone. There's going to be episodes you dislike and others like. It's okay. It's not a big deal. It's called agree to disagree. We disagree and that's fine. It doesn't make either one of us better than the other. Enjoy the episode all you want. That's what they made it for.
The rest of us will just skip it. That's about it.

Latest posts