Starliner astronauts will be stuck in space until Feb,2025

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZZTOP

BANNED
Aug 6, 2024
Visit site
they would be wrong
The really strange thing is that NASA never even had a plan to rescue these astronauts if there was a problem. Who lets NASA care so little and build totally broken stuff. The whole reason that we have spacex and blue origin is because of the space shuttle that was the biggest disaster in flying history. Again Helium does not burn so who uses it as fuel?

Jun 29, 2024
Visit site
Well at this point I don't know if you're just fishing for a response, since this is space.com and I would have assumed you knew about their choice to use helium, but my reaction to your comment is:

They didn't "not have a plan" , they DID have a plan. There still is the option to try and use soyuz, and they have regular flights with the dragon capsule. When compared to historical flights to space, this is as much back up plan as there ever was. Astronauts are not like people at work, they expect to have a high chance of death. These two astronauts would have signed on to this particular mission having also signed a bunch of paperwork recognizing that it was even more risky than normal, and that something like this would possibly happen. As far as the plan goes, it's not less than usual.

Do I think someone at nasa could have better predicted what working with boeing would be like? yes. But that would be a skill, and nasa has people who specialized in space and engineering, not scam detection. They didn't have a scammer of their own who could alert them that they were buying into one.

ZZTOP

BANNED
Aug 6, 2024
Visit site
Well at this point I don't know if you're just fishing for a response, since this is space.com and I would have assumed you knew about their choice to use helium, but my reaction to your comment is:

They didn't "not have a plan" , they DID have a plan. There still is the option to try and use soyuz, and they have regular flights with the dragon capsule. When compared to historical flights to space, this is as much back up plan as there ever was. Astronauts are not like people at work, they expect to have a high chance of death. These two astronauts would have signed on to this particular mission having also signed a bunch of paperwork recognizing that it was even more risky than normal, and that something like this would possibly happen. As far as the plan goes, it's not less than usual.

Do I think someone at nasa could have better predicted what working with boeing would be like? yes. But that would be a skill, and nasa has people who specialized in space and engineering, not scam detection. They didn't have a scammer of their own who could alert them that they were buying into one.
What exactly is the Helium being used for because it does not burn or support combustion as Oxygen does?

Jun 29, 2024
Visit site
What exactly is the Helium being used for because it does not burn or support combustion as Oxygen does?
it's being used as "cold-gas"

so you can look up cold-gas and learn all about it. But basically, it's just like the co2 in your paintball gun, it pushes because it's under pressure. It doesn't need to combust and expand, it just has pressure in the tank, and letting it out through the nozzles gives propulsion.

Check out the article you find searching for Adelis-Sampson satellite cold-gas propulsion system

ZZTOP

BANNED
Aug 6, 2024
Visit site
it's being used as "cold-gas"

so you can look up cold-gas and learn all about it. But basically, it's just like the co2 in your paintball gun, it pushes because it's under pressure. It doesn't need to combust and expand, it just has pressure in the tank, and letting it out through the nozzles gives propulsion.

Check out the article you find searching for Adelis-Sampson satellite cold-gas propulsion system
So in other words the Boeing idea to replace the fuel pump with Helium is an overcomplicated failure

A couple more years of this and the only place you will see anything made by Boeing is in a museum, perhaps with wax figures of the dead whistleblowers

Last edited:
I have tried to show the importance of intermittence on this site many times. It happens to be a characteristic of light and explains a lot of our mysteries. I also believe it can be used to accelerate mass without a mass gain. But it wouldn’t look like this example.

But this example does show the precision and efficiency of such propulsion. Or acceleration.

And even if you think I’m crazy, you will enjoy this video.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RnofCyaWhI0

Reactions: COLGeek

ZZTOP

BANNED
Aug 6, 2024
Visit site
I have tried to show the importance of intermittence on this site many times. It happens to be a characteristic of light and explains a lot of our mysteries. I also believe it can be used to accelerate mass without a mass gain. But it wouldn’t look like this example.

But this example does show the precision and efficiency of such propulsion. Or acceleration.

And even if you think I’m crazy, you will enjoy this video.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RnofCyaWhI0
Lots of things work well in wind tunnels where there is a safety net to catch it

They looked like vacuum chambers to me. But I’m no expert.

The engineers behind it seem to be enjoying it. I do believe it surprised them. They won’t forget it.

It was very impressive for me. And satisfying.

ZZTOP

BANNED
Aug 6, 2024
Visit site
They looked like vacuum chambers to me. But I’m no expert.

The engineers behind it seem to be enjoying it. I do believe it surprised them. They won’t forget it.

It was very impressive for me. And satisfying.
The rail gun was impressive in test as well, until the DOD figured out that it couldn't hit the side of a barn and that after test firing the gun that it needed a new barrel after 5 to 10 shots, then they cancelled the silly thing

I look at the rail gun in a different manner. Did it cost a lot of money and was a failure? Yes you can say that. And with the gov it’s always over priced. And wasteful.

But I believe we gained at least one hundred fold from it. It’s quite amazing what a little fear plus a lot of money can do.

We found a much better solution to the rail gun’s purpose, because of those problems and failures.

We can now do the same thing with standard artillery pieces. We just went to a new type of ammunition. This saved us billions.

The failures that made us much more secure at low cost.

And much more has come…. and will come from it.

The rail-gun was a big win win.

ZZTOP

BANNED
Aug 6, 2024
Visit site
I look at the rail gun in a different manner. Did it cost a lot of money and was a failure? Yes you can say that. And with the gov it’s always over priced. And wasteful.

But I believe we gained at least one hundred fold from it. It’s quite amazing what a little fear plus a lot of money can do.

We found a much better solution to the rail gun’s purpose, because of those problems and failures.

We can now do the same thing with standard artillery pieces. We just went to a new type of ammunition. This saved us billions.

The failures that made us much more secure at low cost.

And much more has come…. and will come from it.

The rail-gun was a big win win.
In order to do the same thing with regular artillery pieces you would need a rail gun that does not exist because it at the very least was so powerful that it destroyed itself. Besides artillery is obsolete, just like aircraft carriers in a real conflict, got that from a Navy guy too. The only thing that will survive is a sub hiding on the ocean floor with no rail gun

The only thing I can figure is that someone has hijacked and delayed your internet connection. You seem to be repeating old internet stories.

Ask google for the date and time. You might want to do that regularly. Check it with a local radio station. They tried it with me so I bought an atomic clock.

Sometimes certain substances can effect time progression. And our location within it. It happens to all of us.

I go in and out all the time. I too am intermittent.

Reactions: ZZTOP

ZZTOP

BANNED
Aug 6, 2024
Visit site
The only thing I can figure is that someone has hijacked and delayed your internet connection. You seem to be repeating old internet stories.

Ask google for the date and time. You might want to do that regularly. Check it with a local radio station. They tried it with me so I bought an atomic clock.

Sometimes certain substances can effect time progression. And our location within it. It happens to all of us.

I go in and out all the time. I too am intermittent.
Excellent, I will check that, thanks again

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS