Stargazing Starlink

May 17, 2020
Visit site
I am in New Zealand. I have witness your starlink satellites collided in the night sky with sparks and all. A miscalculation or something else?
Just curious.

May 3, 2020
Visit site
Must be missing the artificial matter that dominates the sky, not sure there are any times without passing satelittes. Nine overhead at present moment.

Lachlancryernz.
Can you ID a specific time (UTC?) and where in the sky this was?
Someone may be able to back track to work out what you may have seen. Obviously no press releases about Starlink collisions!

COLGeek

I am in New Zealand. I have witness your starlink satellites collided in the night sky with sparks and all. A miscalculation or something else?
Just curious.
Could have been something else altogether (what you saw). If not, could have been a collision, or an experiment, or a simple failure. I can't imagine that Starlink would publicize whatever the cause, if it was something they are doing.

Reactions: Lachlancryernz
May 17, 2020
Visit site
Could have been something else altogether (what you saw). If not, could have been a collision, or an experiment, or a simple failure. I can't imagine that Starlink would publicize whatever the cause, if it was something they are doing.
Oh come on.. what I saw was two lines of starlink satellites approaching and passing one another when the end of both trains collided. I know what I saw and it was starlink. So try another theory. Or get starlink to answer me if you have no clue. I am here for an answer to what I was witness to. So don't <<Edited by moderator>> mock me. Answer with the truth or <<Edited by moderator>>. Space.com? Your forum is bloody useless.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts