Starry Night software...

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

scopenoob

What version of Starry Night would be the most user-friendly?

B

bbrock

I originally baught the SN Space and Astronomy Version. Then later I baught SN Pro. Several months later I upgraded to SN Pro Plus. All are equally easy to use. The only difference is the level of information, detail and functions available. All are equally accurate in detail. You have a large jump in stars available, out to magnitude 17, with SN Pro. The Pro Plus version is the same as Pro, except it is a photograph of the night sky ( many combined photographs from around the earth ) with enormous detail rather then just a computer generated sky. All versions operate the same way. <br /><br />If you are a first time user of SN, just wanting a learning tool to help you find your way around the night sky, I would suggest SN Enthusiast. If you want to drive a telescope and link up to MaximDL etc. etc. you will need SN Pro or Pro Plus. I don't think you can upgrade from SN Space and Astronomy to higher versions. But check an make sure this is correct. Otherwise, this is a great first planitarium program. <br /><br />Start with the lowest version that you can upgrade from. All are equally simple to use. But there is some learning curve with any one of the versions. <br /><br />Clear Skies<br />Bill

T

tplank

We got SN Enthusiast with our purchase of Orion binoculars a few months ago. I must say, it is one of the most pleasant surprises of my early experiences in this new hobby. We love it so much, we just leave it up on the computer all the time in real time mode. My Son and I both just enjoy dropping by and poking around looking at different things.<br /><br />As a software developer, I really appreciate its very friendly user interface. For our purposes it is awesome for now. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p>The Disenfranchised Curmudgeon</p><p>http://tonyplank.blogspot.com/ </p> </div>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts