STEVE is smearing green 'streaks' across the sky, and nobody knows why

The not so funny part.

Has this phenomenon been seen at the southern pole?

Are telescopes seeing anything like this on the northern hemispheres of Jupiter or Saturn?

Have any satellites failed?

You might want to point a radio telescope toward the northern ecliptic pole and look around for something energetic that shouldn’t be there. If something is coming into the system the gas/dust collisions might be making some noise that the radio telescope might pick up.

You might want to have the Space Guard increase their surveys of the northern ecliptic.

If trouble is coming from interstellar space that is the most likely direction.

If you cannot find any record of STEVE before now you should look up the word harbinger. New phenomenon should always be considered as a possible threat.

If they are seeing STEVE in New Zealand that means …
latest

Mar 17, 2020
Visit site
Let the astronomers and physicists check it out. My guess is something to do with reflection of light or magnetic disturbances. I doubt if it's anything biological or alien generated. It's too soon to say.

Nov 19, 2019
Visit site
Given Arecibo's many accomplishments over the years such as discovering millisecond pulsars, the first extra-solar planet and so much more it warrants rebuilding the telescope in situ. I know nothing about funding such an endeavor but trying to get additional colleges and universities on board sounds right.

Latest posts