Strange event. . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

sw_88

Hi ~<br /><br />New to the forum and have a question.<br /><br />In I believe mid-November of last year, sometime between 8:15 and 8:30 p.m. I was standing in my back yard. The full moon was located to my right in the sky and Mars was positioned very closely to the bottom right of the moon. It was very dark and I was looking straight ahead of me, at eye level when suddenly the ground and surrounding air lit up for about three seconds with a very deep navy blue. My gaze was immediately drawn toward the moon and when I looked up, I saw the last stages of some sort of explosion; I saw a golden ball instantly disappear right between the moon and Mars. In the upper left corner of where the gold ball had been, I watched for about five seconds, an irregularly shaped haze of a pale orchid and sky blue evaporate. It was shear and almost transparent in the center and darker around the edges - very gaseous in appearance. I likened it to a mini-nebula - the colors and shape looked like a much smaller scale of a nebula. <br /><br />I would have assumed the "ball" that exploded had been nothing more than a meteor, but what puzzled me most about the event was the ground lighting up with a blue tint and then the orchid haze which really was nowhere near the location of where the ball disappeared. <br /><br />I did a search online and found no reports of it and was unable to find out what it might have been. What was even odder, was that when the ground lit up, it was like I heard the explosion yet I know there was no sound involved whatsoever, but yet when I recall the event, I can associate a sound to it. <br /><br />Any info. on what this might have been would be appreciated! <br /><br />Thanks.

S

sw_88

Oh, sorry for not including that!<br /><br />I'm in the DFW area of Texas.<br /><br />Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.