STS-114 Mission Update Thread (Part 4)

Page 14 - Seeking answers about space? Join the Space community: the premier source of space exploration, innovation, and astronomy news, chronicling (and celebrating) humanity's ongoing expansion across the final frontier.
Status
Not open for further replies.
L

larper

Hmm. The bends. Nitrogen. Guiness....<br /><br />Hey, what if they applied the foam in a pure nitrogen atmosphere? Would it make a thicker sticker foam like the head on Guiness? Just a thought. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p><strong><font color="#ff0000">Vote </font><font color="#3366ff">Libertarian</font></strong></p> </div>

F

fkawi1

A few years back didn't they use another formula for the foam that the bunny huggers got changed as to be more earth friendly? Was the early foam any better about not shedding? If the toxic stuff would add to the foams performance than I say go back to the old way! Just a thought.

F

fkawi1

Thanks S.G. and your right I'm sure about the posts. Please forgive me as I am alot better at fixing cars than navigating around on here. I still like watchs with hands on them!

F

fkawi1

Thank you very much S.G. and I really enjoy your very imformative, some times humorous, and always entertaining posts! In fact everyone of the people on here post great information and ideas. I envy your job too! To be involved with the space program for so long must be real rewarding!

L

lunatio_gordin

ha... Why don't they send that stuff on the progress?<br />and also, what's HTV stand for? I haven't heard that one yet.

R

redgryphon

<font color="yellow">what's HTV stand for? I haven't heard that one yet. </font><br /><br />HTV= H-II Transfer Vehicle, from JAXA. <br /><br />There's a pdf with some good graphics of it here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts