STS-126 launch may move up a day or two from Nov14th

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

shuttle_guy

<p>The Payload will be loaded into the pad A Payload Change Out Room (PCR)&nbsp;on Thursday Oct 23. The vehicle roll from Pad B to pad A is still set for Saturday Oct 25th.</p><p>There are currently 4 contingency days in the Pad A flow for STS-126. Discussions are under way to move the launch earlier by a few days. </p><p>Currently the launch is set for Nov 14th with the landing on the 29th.&nbsp;Potentially the planned KSC&nbsp;landing may move to Thanksgiving day (Nov. 27th)</p> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> </div>

S

shuttle_guy

<p><BR/>Replying to:<BR/><DIV CLASS='Discussion_PostQuote'>The Payload will be loaded into the pad A Payload Change Out Room (PCR)&nbsp;on Thursday Oct 23. The vehicle roll from Pad B to pad A is still set for Saturday Oct 25th.There are currently 4 contingency days in the Pad A flow for STS-126. Discussions are under way to move the launch earlier by a few days. Currently the launch is set for Nov 14th with the landing on the 29th.&nbsp;Potentially the planned KSC&nbsp;landing may move to Thanksgiving day (Nov. 27th) <br />Posted by shuttle_guy</DIV></p><p>Apparently the only issue that may prevent the earlier launch attempt is re scheduling crew&nbsp;training.<br /></p> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> </div>

E

earth_bound_misfit

Thanks for the heads up. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p> </p><p> </p><p>----------------------------------------------------------------- </p><p>Wanna see this site looking like the old SDC uplink?</p><p>Go here to see how: <strong>SDC Eye saver </strong>  </p> </div>

R

rocketwatcher2001

<p><BR/>Replying to:<BR/><DIV CLASS='Discussion_PostQuote'>The vehicle roll from Pad B to pad A is still set for Saturday Oct 25th.There are currently 4 contingency days in the Pad A flow for STS-126. </p><p>Posted by shuttle_guy</DIV></p><p>&nbsp;</p><p>I bet someone has already asked this, but why is STS-126 being moved from 39B to 39A?&nbsp; I'm sure there is a good reason, is it cheaper or easier to launch from 39A?</p> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> </div>

M

MeteorWayne

Replying to:<BR/><DIV CLASS='Discussion_PostQuote'>&nbsp;I bet someone has already asked this, but why is STS-126 being moved from 39B to 39A?&nbsp; I'm sure there is a good reason, is it cheaper or easier to launch from 39A? <br />Posted by rocketwatcher2001</DIV><br /><br />Yeah, s_g did answer that, but I don't remember the answer. Try looking on the last 2 pages of the other STS-126 thread. I think that's where it is. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p><font color="#000080"><em><font color="#000000">But the Krell forgot one thing John. Monsters. Monsters from the Id.</font></em> </font></p><p><font color="#000080">I really, really, really, really miss the "first unread post" function</font><font color="#000080"> </font></p> </div>

M

MeteorWayne

<p><BR/>Replying to:<BR/><DIV CLASS='Discussion_PostQuote'>Yeah, s_g did answer that, but I don't remember the answer. Try looking on the last 2 pages of the other STS-126 thread. I think that's where it is. <br />Posted by MeteorWayne</DIV><br /><br />Sorry, it was in the STS-125 thread. Here's what s_g posted:</p><p>&nbsp;</p><p>Yes, the STS-125 stack will move back to the VAB. We will load hypergolic prop into the STS-126 stack at pad B then move it to pad A for launch. LC39B is ready to support a Shuttle launch, as it would have to be for a rescue mission. However the Pad Payload Changeout Room (PCR) at Pad B has not been maintained since was is not be to used again. This prevents a payload from being installed into an Orbiter at pad B.</p> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p><font color="#000080"><em><font color="#000000">But the Krell forgot one thing John. Monsters. Monsters from the Id.</font></em> </font></p><p><font color="#000080">I really, really, really, really miss the "first unread post" function</font><font color="#000080"> </font></p> </div>

R

rocketwatcher2001

<p><BR/>Replying to:<BR/><DIV CLASS='Discussion_PostQuote'>.......... However the Pad Payload Changeout Room (PCR) at Pad B has not been maintained since was is not be to used again. This prevents a payload from being installed into an Orbiter at pad B. <br />Posted by MeteorWayne</DIV></p><p>&nbsp;</p><p>OK, that make sense.&nbsp;&nbsp; Thanks.</p> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> </div>

Status
Not open for further replies.