Sunstorm by Stephen Baxter and the Space Elevator

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jetset07

The new book Sunstorm by Stephen Baxter and Sir Arthur C. Clarke includes references to the Space Elevator being constructed and built out of Australia, from Perth. That arose out of a modest contribution by myself and Brad Edwards, the brains behind the Space Elevator concept, persuading them that this is the real futuristic concept to include in a story. fyi Brad and I are working on a book on the Space Elevator, including developments to date, to come out later this year.<br />cheers<br />Phil Ragan

J

jmilsom

Arthur C. Clarke wrote extensively about the Space Elevator concept in his exceptional work "The Fountains of Paradise," which was published in 1979. In the most recent edition he talks about the scientists that first developed the concept and credits a Russian scientist who first wrote about it in the early 1960s. I cannot see how anyone can claim to have persuaded A.C.Clarke to include the 'futuristic' concept of the space elevtor in one of stories???? <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> </div>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts