Super Massive Black Holes??

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

pioneer0333

I posted this on another forum, but the BB theory does not account for the black holes at the center of each galaxy. How can the BB just spit out a black hole that is massive enough to grip an entire galaxy? I firmly believe we are missing some information when it comes to this. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> </div>

K

kmarinas86

<font color="yellow">I posted this on another forum, but the BB theory does not account for the black holes at the center of each galaxy. How can the BB just spit out a black hole that is massive enough to grip an entire galaxy? I firmly believe we are missing some information when it comes to this.</font><br /><br />Of course we are.<br /><br />The black holes (allegedly) didn't form until matter became dense enough. The problem is that, the early (big bang) universe itself, at the big bang, is denser than a black hole of the same size. This obviously suggests a mechanism which take something denser than any black hole that exists today, and exploding it into something the size of the universe. If the laws of physics are permanent, than that would suggest that such a mechanism still exists, just that they aren't being expressed in this part of space and time.

N

nexium

In the early centuries of the Universe, matter may have been dense enough to form black holes. If so the question is; why did any matter escape the early black holes? Perhaps none did escape, until the tiny black holes evaporated. Neil

B

Boris_Badenov

Super Massive Black Holes appear to have been formed in the very early stage of star formation of the universe & formed in conjunction with their associated galaxy. It is the classic “which came first, the chicken or the egg?” The answer seems to be, in this case, both developed at the same time. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <font color="#993300"><span class="body"><font size="2" color="#3366ff"><div align="center">. </div><div align="center">Never roll in the mud with a pig. You'll both get dirty & the pig likes it.</div></font></span></font> </div>

A

alokmohan

which came first, the chicken or the egg?” Good stuff.

B

Boris_Badenov

alokmohan, do you not use that expression in India? <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <font color="#993300"><span class="body"><font size="2" color="#3366ff"><div align="center">. </div><div align="center">Never roll in the mud with a pig. You'll both get dirty & the pig likes it.</div></font></span></font> </div>

D

derekmcd

The egg came first. The final mutation that made the chicken as we know it today happened inside the egg.<br /><br /> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <div> </div><br /><div><span style="color:#0000ff" class="Apple-style-span">"If something's hard to do, then it's not worth doing." - Homer Simpson</span></div> </div>

E

enigma10

But the egg came from a mom, thus the mutation may have occured inside the chicken. =)<br /> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <em>"<font color="#333399">An organism at war with itself is a doomed organism." - Carl Sagan</font></em> </div>

J

jcdenton

All large galaxies have gone through mergers with other galaxies at some points doing their lifetime, including ours. That's what accounts for the huge density of mass at the center. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> </div>

H

harmonicaman

<i>"All large galaxies have gone through mergers with other galaxies at some points doing their lifetime..."</i> <br /><br />Although it appears that galactic mergers are commonplace, and are an important component of our universe, we do not know for a certainty that <i><b>"All..."</b></i> galaxies have undergone mergers.<br /><br /><i>"That's what accounts for the huge density of mass at the center (of galaxies)."</i> <br /><br />Mainstream cosmologists seem to believe that Supermassive Black Holes formed very early on during the big bang event and they may have originally formed as enormous Black Holes; but this is speculation. <br /><br />It seems that the universe isn't old enough to have formed galaxies if Supermassive Black Holes didn't get a head start from the very beginning.<br /><br />Of course, the universe might be a whole lot older than currently hypothesized too; which could account for these Supermassive Black Holes.<br /><br />Interesting colliding galaxy animations (rather large MPEG files).<br /><br />And even better; here are some computer animations of the upcoming merger of the Milky Way and Andromeda Galaxies!

B

Boris_Badenov

harmonicaman, <br /> Your answers are always excellent, you do more that just build physics toys.<br /> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <font color="#993300"><span class="body"><font size="2" color="#3366ff"><div align="center">. </div><div align="center">Never roll in the mud with a pig. You'll both get dirty & the pig likes it.</div></font></span></font> </div>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts