t/Space re-enters COTS

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

docm

Link....<br /><br /><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr /><p> t/Space enters COTS second round<br /><br />11/29/2007<br /><br />RESTON, VA -- November 29, 2007 -- Transformational Space Corp. has entered the second-round competition for NASA funding for innovative Earth-to-orbit crew and cargo transportation services.<br /><br />NASA's Commercial Orbital Transportation Services (COTS) program is offering $175 million to companies developing systems to take people and supplies to the International Space Station (ISS) after the Space Shuttle is retired in 2010. The space agency plans to announce one or more winners in February 2008.<br /><br />"We will be able to provide cargo and crew service to ISS immediately after the Shuttle is retired, with a spacecraft design that makes the most efficient use of available launch vehicles," said CEO Charles Duelfer.<br /><br />t/Space was one of six finalists in last year's COTS competition. After NASA selected two competitors for funding, t/Space signed an unfunded Space Act Agreement with NASA in February. This agreement enabled t/Space to share in the ISS program and technical data NASA has been supplying to the funded participants, and to keep the space agency informed about its progress.<br /><br />In addition to COTS development funding, NASA plans to begin awarding service contracts next year for ISS resupply flights.<p><hr /></p></p></blockquote> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> </div>

G

gunsandrockets

t/Space was my favorite competitor after SpaceX and I wish them all the luck. Sadly it seems as if Kistler has alreadly precluded any chance they might have had.<br /><br />It seems Kistler made good on a threat to use congressional pressure on NASA over their dispute. Not only does congress now insist that no new COTS partner be selected until the Kistler dispute is resolved, the next years COTS budget has been cut by $100 million. I guess if Kistler can't have the money than they will try to make sure no one else can either.

H

holmec

Sweetness. Finally some good news. <br /><br />Too bad its overshadowed by Rpk's actions. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p> </p><p><font color="#0000ff"><em>"SCE to AUX" - John Aaron, curiosity pays off</em></font></p> </div>

N

nimbus

I must be missing something.. I don't mean to be rude, but wasn't RpK at the XPrize in NM this year? How did they not get booed off stage? <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> </div>

H

holmec

<blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr /><p>How did they not get booed off stage?<p><hr /></p></p></blockquote><br /><br />I think they pulled the stunt against NASA COTS after NM <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p> </p><p><font color="#0000ff"><em>"SCE to AUX" - John Aaron, curiosity pays off</em></font></p> </div>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts