Tether problem

Page 2 - Seeking answers about space? Join the Space community: the premier source of space exploration, innovation, and astronomy news, chronicling (and celebrating) humanity's ongoing expansion across the final frontier.
Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jatslo

<font color="yellow">I did not do any decreeing. I simply stated that the problem must be experimentally verified. That the words must correspond to the ways events actually work. That's not a decree, that's a request for experimental confirmation. <br /><br />Does anyone have a good, reliable reference as to the solution of this problem with two bodies at two different orbits, the one higher than the other and what happens when they become suddenly tethered? <br /><br />That's what I was asking for. Not your usual insult. Just the facts, not your offhand opportunity to be attacked. <br /><br />Where are the references?</font><br /><br />You can dish it out, but you can't take it! HAHHAHAHAHAHA

N

nexium

The part that follows In reply to: seems reasonable to me.<br /> I have no idea why steve thinks there are only three possibilities, even if we had done the experiment a million times: Tether brakes, vertical or rotates. Some other unlikely possibilities are: chaotic, stuck together, plunge into the atmosphere, transported in time to another century, rotate with wobble, rotate with precession, rotate in a plane relative to the galaxy/universe (instead of Earth'surface), a behavioral change after an hour or longer. Neil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts