Votes: 2 22.2%
  • There will never be a 13th person

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

2001Kubrick

Simple poll.

It looks like NASA will not be returning to the moon by 2020 because of Obama's slashed budget. Therefore, I don't have much faith that NASA will get the proper funding to return anytime soon. If this is true, who will represent the 13th person to set foot on the surface of the moon? In other words, if the USA doesn't go back, who will?

I am voting for China. They may take another 20 years to do it, but I feel they have the economic support and the will to do it.

*edited to clarify reason for omitting USA

C

crazyeddie

2001Kubrick":3rzk5qcu said:
Simple poll.

It looks like NASA will not be returning to the moon by 2020 because of Obama's slashed budget. Therefore, I don't have much faith that NASA will get the proper funding to return anytime soon. If this is true, who will represent the 13th person to set foot on the surface of the moon?

I am voting for China. They may take another 20 years to do it, but I feel they have the economic support and the will to do it.

You didn't include the United States in the poll, although I suppose a person could select "other country". I still feel that we are in the best position to land the next man on the moon. As soon as China or any other nation starts making significant strides in this direction, you can bet your bottom dollar that funding for NASA will suddenly blossom and another space race will begin......if history is any guide.

2001Kubrick

crazyeddie":2ifrakbl said:
2001Kubrick":2ifrakbl said:
Simple poll.

It looks like NASA will not be returning to the moon by 2020 because of Obama's slashed budget. Therefore, I don't have much faith that NASA will get the proper funding to return anytime soon. If this is true, who will represent the 13th person to set foot on the surface of the moon?

You didn't include the United States in the poll, although I suppose a person could select "other country". I still feel that we are in the best position to land the next man on the moon. As soon as China or any other nation starts making significant strides in this direction, you can bet your bottom dollar that funding for NASA will suddenly blossom and another space race will begin......if history is any guide.
You're right, sorry. I just amended my original post to clarifiy why I left the USA out of the poll.

P

PiotrSatan

I believe in European Union. I believe in ESA. ESA is one of most funded space organizations, therefore soon will be center of all or most space-related events. Yes to Europe! Yes to ESA!

K

kelvinzero

Omitting America sort of makes this more of a statement than a poll. :p

S

SchrodingersCat

I agree. I think it's more than possible that the next manned mission to any extraterrestrial body will be privately funded. I also think this will lead to a different kind of space race, as companies begin to realize the lucrative benefits of contracting space travel to governments as a total package - not just software, not just hardware components, but actual service.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts