The Apollo Program: How NASA sent astronauts to the moon

Interesting report, historical summary, and 6:53 minute video. Today, history is rewritten in many areas and the Apollo missions are rejected by many in social media and the Internet :) I recently calculated that if we had a telescope that could image the disk of the Sun at 10 pc from Earth, you could see objects < 2 meters in diameter on the Moon at 385,000 km. However, I have seen no reports that telescopes like this are currently in operation. In theory, you could use them to image the Apollo landing equipment left behind and as the resolution improved, see those exoplanets in detail too :)

Helio, I checked using my MS Excel spreadsheet for astronomy. 50 mas resolution for the Moon at 385,000 km is 93.327 meter diameter, a good check with your 100 meter size. I grew up on the X-15, Mercury, Gemini, and Apollo missions, watched live on TV during those days. However, today there are folks who reject the entire history and using NASA LRO images for example to validate Apollo equipment and rover tracks, they want independent verification. Last year if I recall correctly, SCI channel ran a series on the Apollo hoaxes (50 years after Apollo 11). From time to time, I do encounter folks like this who toss out NASA Apollo lunar landings as *fake news* :)

Latest posts