The best Hubble Space Telescope images of all time!

Mar 18, 2021
Visit site
Amazing curation of the Hubble. That telescope really has served us well over these years. I know NASA received a lot of criticism when they found problems in the mirror, but it sure has produced so incredible images. The Pillars of creation is certainly my favorite, I recently purchased a whole bunch of these exact images from Sky Image Lab as a gift for my grandson. And they are wonderful!

Oct 26, 2021
Visit site
Agree that some of these photos look amazing but .... I will await confirmation to my next comment.... the color in most of these photos is added. The original photos are basically "monochromatic". The colors are added to make the pictures more dramatic. And it works.

Agree that some of these photos look amazing but .... I will await confirmation to my next comment.... the color in most of these photos is added. The original photos are basically "monochromatic". The colors are added to make the pictures more dramatic. And it works.
Jesuis Laplume (AKA Jim H. White)
That statement is inaccurate and misleading. Images are usually taken using several colour filters and then combined to provide a more complete image.
I designed the first infrared camera assembly ever flow, a long time ago. We used a rotating filter wheel; but saving and digitally combining different colur images is a much lighter way to do that task.