The best sci fi ever is...............

Page 2 - Seeking answers about space? Join the Space community: the premier source of space exploration, innovation, and astronomy news, chronicling (and celebrating) humanity's ongoing expansion across the final frontier.
Status
Not open for further replies.
R

rainofsteel

<blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr /><p><b>Yevaud wrote:</b><br /><br />You have 2 and possibly 3 of my top-ten novel list mentioned. <br /><br />*I doff my hat at another Fen*<br /><p><hr /></p></p></blockquote><br />Thank you! Higher praise I could have hardly expected today.<br /><br />I do think of myself as a fan.<br /><br />

Y

yevaud

Fan, not "Fen?" <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p><em>Differential Diagnosis:  </em>"<strong><em>I am both amused and annoyed that you think I should be less stubborn than you are</em></strong>."<br /> </p> </div>

Y

yevaud

Not entirely. All members of the local two groups, "Boskone" (renamed "Arisia") and MITSFS (Boston/Cambridge) have used it as a singular descriptive for several decades. Something to distinguish them from the casual "Fan." You'd be greeted with, "are you Fen?"<br /><br />Belonged to Boskone many years ago, knew the people who ran the Con. Even attended her wedding at the Old South Church (ah, now there was a proper Anglican ceremony). Got to meet Mack Reynolds at one of the Cons too. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p><em>Differential Diagnosis:  </em>"<strong><em>I am both amused and annoyed that you think I should be less stubborn than you are</em></strong>."<br /> </p> </div>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts