The 'big rip' should end in a new beginning (singularis)

Gry

Nov 18, 2019
Visit site
Assuming 'the big freeze' eventually will end in 'the big rip', where space-time itself is being ripped apart.. For what I can see, would that scenario have to end in a new singularis ready to blow up in another 'big bang'. That because no matter how huge the universe would be at that point, the moment space-time itself is being ripped apart, and seize to exist, it's back to square, so to speak. -Meaning that there will no longer be any space for the mass and energy to exist in. So no matter how far it's been between every bloody particle at the time of the rip, it should all get 'smocked' right into a singularis once the space's gone, -shouldn't it?..

Gry, very interesting. How far into the future is the prophecy for the *big rip* before it is fulfilled? One billion years, 10 billion years? 10 trillion years? Here is my thinking on the big rip. If cosmology is based upon the multiverse and inflation before the Big Bang - perhaps just another reincarnation cycle of the multiverse takes place. There is no beginning according to multiverse cosmology as I understand it. However, Alan Guth in 1984 said this about the origin of the universe. "There are only 3 options for the origin of this universe: 1) it has always existed 2) it suddenly appeared from nothing 3) it was created supernaturally -“It is then tempting to go one step further and speculate that the entire universe evolved from literally nothing.” -The Inflationary Universe, Guth & Stienhardt, May 1984, Scientific American" My thinking - if the origin of the universe is option 3 - the prediction(s) for the end of the universe in current cosmology - could see big surprise when the universe ends :) Also based upon my understanding of the Big Bang event, 3-D space is created everywhere - instantaneously, thus we have instantaneous action at a distance force appearing in cosmology. The universe today is expanding 3-D space but not 3-D space expanding into nothing while creating more 3-D space. You pose a very interesting question to ponder, I think the answer(s) will depend on how the universe originated.

Nov 21, 2019
Visit site
Gry, very interesting. How far into the future is the prophecy for the *big rip* before it is fulfilled? One billion years, 10 billion years? 10 trillion years?
I believe, about 20 billion years is the projected time.
Here is my thinking on the big rip.
Big Rip should be Capitalized if Big Bang is.
If cosmology is based upon the multiverse and inflation before the Big Bang
The accepted definition of multiverse including random bubble universes and parallel worlds is wrong. The Conglomerate - Universe Creation Theory is better.
perhaps just another reincarnation cycle of the multiverse takes place.
Yes, reincarnation is a BIG part of Nature including humans, animals, star systems, galaxies, and universes.
There is no beginning according to multiverse cosmology as I understand it.
There's a beginning - BIG Bang-Bit Bang/supermassive white hole - to every new universe within The Conglomerate (of universes). There's also an end to every universe - BIG Rip or BIG Crunch.
However, Alan Guth in 1984 said this about the origin of the universe. "There are only 3 options for the origin of this universe: 1) it has always existed, 2) it suddenly appeared from nothing, 3) it was created supernaturally -“It is then tempting to go one step further and speculate that the entire universe evolved from literally nothing.” -The Inflationary Universe, Guth & Stienhardt, May 1984, Scientific American"
Wrong - that was 35 years ago. Now most cosmologists go with this Universe being spawned from either (A) Our parent universe and a supermassive black hole at the heart of a galaxy BIG Banging-Bit Banging (supermassive white hole) into this Universe 13.8 billion years ago or (B) quantum fluctuations producing random bubble universes. If you like 'simple' cause-and-effect, then Choice A is most appealing. If you like explanations of randomness and 'coincidence', then Choice B is for you.
My thinking - if the origin of the universe is option 3
There is a Creator of Creation.
the prediction(s) for the end of the universe in current cosmology - could see big surprise when the universe ends. :)
In about 10 billion years, our reincarnated eternal souls should have a firm grasp on how the end plays out and when we abandon ship for another universe.
Also based upon my understanding of the Big Bang event, 3-D space is created everywhere - instantaneously, thus we have instantaneous action at a distance force appearing in cosmology.
3D is the common spelling. The hyphen is unnecessary and may be confused with a minus sign especially in an equation. The general public is comfortable with 3D.

Everything is connected. There's entanglement and thought-information being massless outside our brains can travel faster-than-light, thus going back in time: retrocausality.
The universe today is expanding 3D space but not 3D space expanding into nothing while creating more 3D space.
Is there a void beyond the event horizon/boundary of the expanding Universe and beyond the event horizon of a supermassive black hole apparently at the heart of every galaxy?

Last edited:
Reactions: Truthseeker007
It seems discussion of *reincarnated eternal souls* lacks scientific testing to falsify the doctrine, e.g. what Galileo did to the geocentric teachers and how the heliocentric solar system was established as fact in science and astronomy. We also have the 2nd Law of Thermodynamics and increasing entropy, even black holes can dissipate and cease over time.

Assuming 'the big freeze' eventually will end in 'the big rip', where space-time itself is being ripped apart.. For what I can see, would that scenario have to end in a new singularis ready to blow up in another 'big bang'. That because no matter how huge the universe would be at that point, the moment space-time itself is being ripped apart, and seize to exist, it's back to square, so to speak. -Meaning that there will no longer be any space for the mass and energy to exist in. So no matter how far it's been between every bloody particle at the time of the rip, it should all get 'smocked' right into a singularis once the space's gone, -shouldn't it?..
Hi, I find the big rip idea a bit short-sighted, it's a self-centred view of the universe. It assumes ours is the only universe and there's an infinite empty space surrounding it that it can indefinitely expand into. I've written my own theory called 'Steady State of The Infinite' in a book of the same title on Amazon.

I hope there's something here to answer your question. By starting off with some simple reasoning, I've built a more complete picture. (1) You can always point ahead and keep going, including beyond our universe – therefore space is infinite. In my book, I call all of space and everything in it 'The Infinite'. (2) Matter/energy can neither be created nor destroyed. That means there has always been something – and that also means before the big bang!

So, if you now see things from the perspective of 'The Infinite' it all looks a bit simpler. For example, our universe can now be treated as an object in 'The Infinite' rather than being all of space. To proceed from here I quote from page 7 in my book;

“Now, if our universe came from a big bang and is expanding, it must have a centre and boundary or edge, if it has an age then it has a finite size. That means it's an object – objects exist in a space, they are not the creation of space as most theories suggest. Consequently, it can't be homogeneous or isotropic and so violates the much cherished 'cosmological principle', which assumes the universe is even and the same in all directions, and from any viewpoint, and has no centre. So, my version of the universe might look different from the centre than from the edge.”

And then from pages 8 and 9;

“If space is infinite it would be too bizarre to think our universe is the only matter in this infinite space.

If it is the only universe and it came out of a big bang, then the big bang would have been the beginning of time. The trouble with this idea is that, as argued in chapter 1, 'there has always been something' and that 'you can't have something from nothing' would imply that the initial contents of the big bang had always been there waiting indefinitely and just 13.8 billion years ago decided to explode into our universe.

What would have caused it to explode after waiting an infinite amount of time? Bizarre. One way around this would be to suggest that the universe collapses and then goes bang again in an endless cycle. Why would there be just one universe doing this with nothing in the rest of 'the infinite'? Again, too bizarre to believe.

Therefore, I think it's reasonable to assume all of 'the infinite' contains matter and other universes. As there are no boundaries, and if it has always been there, it should by now be evenly distributed. If not, there would still be a flow of matter across 'the infinite', also bizarre.”

The endless cycle I mentioned is a mainstream theory called the 'cyclic universe'. However in my book, I've suggested why it doesn't make sense to me, so I created my own proposition to explain our universe's origin and fate. When I add in some more simple reasoning about 'information and order', 'cause and effect' and 'entropy', a more complete and mind-blowing picture emerges.

Referring to your question, because 'The Infinite' is full of other matter our expanding universe will meet up with it and stop expanding! There are several possibilities from here; (1) the cyclic universe mentioned above. (2) Our universe merges with the other matter, and, somehow a dense enough patch of matter forms then collapses in on itself and rebounds with another big bang to make a new universe. Bear in mind that on a smaller scale, in a nebula, matter is all the time collapsing in on itself to form new stars. (3) My main theory in my book, which has similarities to (2) but is more detailed and specific, with a surprising twist.

Best wishes, David

Assumptions about the universe, how big or small it is or how the universe popped into existence or if there are many other universes - this doctrine in cosmology does not follow or measure up to the rigorous standard of scientific verification and testing that led to the overthrow of the geocentric universe and acceptance of the heliocentric solar system. Prior to Galileo, just about all considered the Earth immovable and not moving around the Sun but the Sun moved around the Earth. I stand with Galileo - not with speculations about a multiverse, many different physical laws, and there is always that nasty, 2nd Law and increasing entropy - i.e. the death of everything eventually over time.

What if our universe was simply being accelerated because the mass of our universe is now overwhelmed by the mass of all the universes around us.
It will continue to get faster as we get closer and at some point collide causing a bounce back to one universe size back hole waiting for a neighbor to collide to begin again.
No crazy dark energy/anti gravity rip.
Also a way the universe big bang can start.

Dark flow is an area of interest that might just point you directly to our universe neighbors.

Last edited:
Dec 11, 2019
Visit site
Hi, I find the big rip idea a bit short-sighted, it's a self-centred view of the universe. It assumes ours is the only universe and there's an infinite empty space surrounding it that it can indefinitely expand into. I've written my own theory called 'Steady State of The Infinite' in a book of the same title on Amazon.

I hope there's something here to answer your question. By starting off with some simple reasoning, I've built a more complete picture. (1) You can always point ahead and keep going, including beyond our universe – therefore space is infinite. In my book, I call all of space and everything in it 'The Infinite'. (2) Matter/energy can neither be created nor destroyed. That means there has always been something – and that also means before the big bang!

So, if you now see things from the perspective of 'The Infinite' it all looks a bit simpler. For example, our universe can now be treated as an object in 'The Infinite' rather than being all of space. To proceed from here I quote from page 7 in my book;

“Now, if our universe came from a big bang and is expanding, it must have a centre and boundary or edge, if it has an age then it has a finite size. That means it's an object – objects exist in a space, they are not the creation of space as most theories suggest. Consequently, it can't be homogeneous or isotropic and so violates the much cherished 'cosmological principle', which assumes the universe is even and the same in all directions, and from any viewpoint, and has no centre. So, my version of the universe might look different from the centre than from the edge.”

And then from pages 8 and 9;

“If space is infinite it would be too bizarre to think our universe is the only matter in this infinite space.

If it is the only universe and it came out of a big bang, then the big bang would have been the beginning of time. The trouble with this idea is that, as argued in chapter 1, 'there has always been something' and that 'you can't have something from nothing' would imply that the initial contents of the big bang had always been there waiting indefinitely and just 13.8 billion years ago decided to explode into our universe.

What would have caused it to explode after waiting an infinite amount of time? Bizarre. One way around this would be to suggest that the universe collapses and then goes bang again in an endless cycle. Why would there be just one universe doing this with nothing in the rest of 'the infinite'? Again, too bizarre to believe.

Therefore, I think it's reasonable to assume all of 'the infinite' contains matter and other universes. As there are no boundaries, and if it has always been there, it should by now be evenly distributed. If not, there would still be a flow of matter across 'the infinite', also bizarre.”

The endless cycle I mentioned is a mainstream theory called the 'cyclic universe'. However in my book, I've suggested why it doesn't make sense to me, so I created my own proposition to explain our universe's origin and fate. When I add in some more simple reasoning about 'information and order', 'cause and effect' and 'entropy', a more complete and mind-blowing picture emerges.

Referring to your question, because 'The Infinite' is full of other matter our expanding universe will meet up with it and stop expanding! There are several possibilities from here; (1) the cyclic universe mentioned above. (2) Our universe merges with the other matter, and, somehow a dense enough patch of matter forms then collapses in on itself and rebounds with another big bang to make a new universe. Bear in mind that on a smaller scale, in a nebula, matter is all the time collapsing in on itself to form new stars. (3) My main theory in my book, which has similarities to (2) but is more detailed and specific, with a surprising twist.

Best wishes, David

Well that makes absolute sense to me and great points. I might have to check your book out.

Reactions: David-J-Franks
Well that makes absolute sense to me and great points. I might have to check your book out.
Thanks so much for your response. With all the extra topics, my book is more than just a universe theory, so hopefully, provides a picture of existence which is complete, whole, (except for the minute details of every particle etc) and self-sufficient, requiring no creation or evolution and needs no beginning or end. With much of it based on solid scientific principles and good reasoning.

For new readers:

Dec 11, 2019
Visit site
Thanks so much for your response. With all the extra topics, my book is more than just a universe theory, so hopefully, provides a picture of existence which is complete, whole, (except for the minute details of every particle etc) and self-sufficient, requiring no creation or evolution and needs no beginning or end. With much of it based on solid scientific principles and good reasoning.

For new readers:

Sure and sounds really interesting. It is also nice to meet an author on here and I wish you good luck on your book. I suppose it may be hard to sell a lot of books these days since it seems like hardly anybody ever reads.

Sure and sounds really interesting. It is also nice to meet an author on here and I wish you good luck on your book. I suppose it may be hard to sell a lot of books these days since it seems like hardly anybody ever reads.
HAPPY NEW YEAR

Thanks again.

Yes, sales are poor. I have to keep advertising and that's expensive. There are around 4000 books on cosmology on amazon, so if you don't advertise you don't sell any.

I've given up the idea of getting rich from it, so I'm now mostly just interested in promoting my ideas, which is why I joined this forum. I might just keep releasing more of my book here, and perhaps become well known first, then sales might improve. I'm not quite sure what to do yet. I'm also hoping a staff member of space.com will spot it and like it.

I know I've got some great and original ideas, which are all based on strong reasoning and science and which don't contain wacky ideas like multiple dimensions etc. Also, I've got a good and memorable name for my main theory. At the very least it should stretch peoples imaginations to the limit and give them plenty to think about.

Dec 11, 2019
Visit site
HAPPY NEW YEAR

Thanks again.

Yes, sales are poor. I have to keep advertising and that's expensive. There are around 4000 books on cosmology on amazon, so if you don't advertise you don't sell any.

I've given up the idea of getting rich from it, so I'm now mostly just interested in promoting my ideas, which is why I joined this forum. I might just keep releasing more of my book here, and perhaps become well known first, then sales might improve. I'm not quite sure what to do yet. I'm also hoping a staff member of space.com will spot it and like it.

I know I've got some great and original ideas, which are all based on strong reasoning and science and which don't contain wacky ideas like multiple dimensions etc. Also, I've got a good and memorable name for my main theory. At the very least it should stretch peoples imaginations to the limit and give them plenty to think about.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Well the awesome thing is you completed a book and got it published. That has to be so hard in itself.

You could probably create a Podcast and YouTube to get your book and information out there if you haven't already. If you could somehow become a guest on Coast to Coast that would really get you noticed. Have you tried posting it on FB at all? Then again prb. not to many people interested on FB. There is another great forum I know off that has a lot of people on it who I think would enjoy your book and information. Try the site Unexplained Mysteries and once you go to the site there is a forum on it also.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Well the awesome thing is you completed a book and got it published. That has to be so hard in itself.

You could probably create a Podcast and YouTube to get your book and information out there if you haven't already. If you could somehow become a guest on Coast to Coast that would really get you noticed. Have you tried posting it on FB at all? Then again prb. not to many people interested on FB. There is another great forum I know off that has a lot of people on it who I think would enjoy your book and information. Try the site Unexplained Mysteries and once you go to the site there is a forum on it also.
It was hard writing it, I'm not a natural-born writer. Every sentence took 10 minutes to write. It took around 1.5 years at about 1 - 2 hours a day. I did it because I was dissatisfied with all the current theories. I'm sure you've come across some of them - bubble universes, many-worlds theory, holographic universe, etc. These are all by well-known scientists, they are extremely clever, but I find them completely unbelievable.

Actually, publishing is easy, anyone can do it and it's free. Just upload your script to Amazon and they do all the printing and distribution and sales. All you pay for is optional advertising.

Unexplained Mysteries is a great website, thanks, there a lot of wacky stuff on it, but also a lot of good stuff - got carried away for 2 hours on it when I should have been writing this! Found a great new thread on it called 'how long is right now?' The article it's based on is also great!

YouTube might be good, but I think I would be lost among the 1000's of other videos about the universe, just as I'm lost on Amazon. Never used FB, but worth looking into if you think so. As for Coast to Coast, I live in the disUK!

Dec 11, 2019
Visit site
It was hard writing it, I'm not a natural-born writer. Every sentence took 10 minutes to write. It took around 1.5 years at about 1 - 2 hours a day. I did it because I was dissatisfied with all the current theories. I'm sure you've come across some of them - bubble universes, many-worlds theory, holographic universe, etc. These are all by well-known scientists, they are extremely clever, but I find them completely unbelievable.

Actually, publishing is easy, anyone can do it and it's free. Just upload your script to Amazon and they do all the printing and distribution and sales. All you pay for is optional advertising.

Unexplained Mysteries is a great website, thanks, there a lot of wacky stuff on it, but also a lot of good stuff - got carried away for 2 hours on it when I should have been writing this! Found a great new thread on it called 'how long is right now?' The article it's based on is also great!

YouTube might be good, but I think I would be lost among the 1000's of other videos about the universe, just as I'm lost on Amazon. Never used FB, but worth looking into if you think so. As for Coast to Coast, I live in the disUK!

Wow! Well atleast you were able to take your time in putting it together but I am sure you didn't want to take that long. But the important thing is you got it done. I think anything from the norm is great and someone thinking outside the box.

I am very glad you are finding Unexplained Mysteries and interesting and fun place to be. I hope it helps getting your book out some more on there.

I think the more places you get on the better. I know Coast to Coast does most interviews over phone or skype. Maybe send them a copy of your book you never know.

I didn't know publishing was that easy. I know the hard part for me would be writing one also. However I didn't recently learn how to type and its nice to not have to look at the keys anymore.lol.

Latest posts