The Flatness Problem; solved?

Jan 2, 2024
Visit site
Space is curved; time rotates at a position away from an observer.

Time runs perpendicular to space (curved in a closed universe) and therefore rotates at an increasing distance from an observer. The current practice of assuming time always runs parallel in the universe is an error.
Many posts on this forum allude to space curvature (eg hypersphere and the balloon). See post "Flatlander3D: Hypersphere to Flat Space"

Reading the book 'Sphereland' has prompted me to state the answer above explicitly even though this forum had already 'covered' the issue. So much so ( and Cat will appreciate this), that Cat's favourite analogy to illustrate the expansion of the universe (inflating a balloon) also serves as an analogy to illustrate space curvature (and hence time rotation)

This answer is obvious.
As illustrated in the book Sphereland we 3D people cannot visualise 4D space and therefore time rotation. And, like the King in 'Sphereland', we are ignorant of the curvature reality of the space we live in. The King in Lineland could only sense 'the line' and could not agree/visualise a line curved as this involves an extra dimension to his confinement in a line. Similarly, we cannot visualise (except mathematically) the additional dimension of 4D space.

The Dragon in the room then is the Curvature of the Universe. Some recent research suggests a 5% (?) bias of extra mass indicates the universe is closed and therefore 'curved'. Problem? What problem?

If space is curved; time rotates at a position away from the observer.;)

Last edited:
Jan 2, 2024
Visit site
Problem? What problem?
Maybe I should add that although Relativity mathematically describes reality, I wonder if the insistence that time is the 4th dimension has misled us all. I personally am convinced that there is an embedding space of 4 dimensions and that time is a process occurring within those 4 dimensions and is NOT the 4th dimension.
Prove me wrong........

Last edited:
Aug 7, 2024
Visit site
Space is curved; time rotates at a position away from an observer.

Time runs perpendicular to space (curved in a closed universe) and therefore rotates at an increasing distance from an observer. The current practice of assuming time always runs parallel in the universe is an error.
I agree 100%, time isn't parallel to space, it can't be. Time dilation should be proof to this.

An observer is really never experiencing the present moment. What an observer sees and hears is "delayed" by the speed of light and sound. This delay, in everyday life, is usually microseconds. When observing very large or distant objects or when observing at the atomic level, this delay can be significant.

If light can bend due to gravity, that should be a clue that the speed of light may have changed, causing the bend. If light bends around a large mass, why are the different wavelengths not separated, or are they? Is the difference in speed due to time being compressed/expanded where the light curved? Or is space compressed/expanded where the light curved?

Mass and speed will bend time. What else can bend/alter time?

Your very observation of light from any distance whatsoever requires there be more than one vector dimension of light involved. Your very observation of anything at all from a distance, including detecting the gravity of the dark universe, requires the involvement of more than one vector dimensionality of light.

Latest posts