The forgotten Sci-Fi, the Martian Chronicles.

Is this a movie related thread? I hope so. I've been thinking about The Truman Show, particularly when Jim Carrey is in the boat on an endless ocean and then: Clonk!!! He hits the edge of the set.,
That scene blew me away! As I knew nothing of the movie until I watched it.
I thought a lot about reality and perceived reality after that.
The movie the Martian didn't really cut it with me.
Back in the days there were all sorts of fantasy movies about space.
Who can remember some of them?

Reactions: Clovis
Is this a movie related thread? I hope so. I've been thinking about The Truman Show, particularly when Jim Carrey is in the boat on an endless ocean and then: Clonk!!! He hits the edge of the set.,
That scene blew me away! As I knew nothing of the movie until I watched it.
I thought a lot about reality and perceived reality after that.
The movie the Martian didn't really cut it with me.
Back in the days there were all sorts of fantasy movies about space.
Who can remember some of them?

The Martian, novel was a very good book. The movie hacked it all up . The Author Andy Weir wasn't very pleased with how it came out. It was like entire chapters were left out.

The Martian, novel was a very good book. The movie hacked it all up . The Author Andy Weir wasn't very pleased with how it came out. It was like entire chapters were left out.
I haven't read the book: The Martian, but it seems to be the way of movie making at times. Readers are often disappointed with the direction a movie goes in and the things that are left out. I can think of a few examples, not space related.

I haven't read the book: The Martian, but it seems to be the way of movie making at times. Readers are often disappointed with the direction a movie goes in and the things that are left out. I can think of a few examples, not space related.
[/

The Hunger Games trilogy were three different books. And three different movies that pretty well covered everything. There was another one but it wasn't related.

Reactions: Terra Australis
Lord of The Rings was another, in that a bit was left out from the books but I can't really complain. I never imagined they would make those movies. I enjoyed the trilogy, not so much The Hobbit, they seemed to really pad that one out.:)

No prizes for guessing I'm Australian. LOTR was very big down here, especially as it was mostly filmed in NZ w hich is next door.
Quite interesting the movie of the Martian Chronicles. I hadn't heard of it before. Thanks for sharing :)

Jul 27, 2021
Visit site
Lord of The Rings was another, in that a bit was left out from the books but I can't really complain. I never imagined they would make those movies. I enjoyed the trilogy, not so much The Hobbit, they seemed to really pad that one out.:)
The Lord of the Rings is not, actually, sci-fi.
Both the book and the movie are unbelievable. The book is always better :)

In 1979 we didn't know what we now know about Mars. For one thing the atmosphere is not breathable, or sustainable for life. But it may have to do with what the Martian said. It has to do with Time. He was only seeing how his world once was.
The Earthman was seeing it as it is to him now. Ruins, as we watched from afar the destruction of our own Planet. Just like the Martian had predicted.

Reactions: techman1

Latest posts