The Fourth Kind

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

brandbll

http://thefourthkind.net/

So i first saw this trailer and was really intrigued. Not only did i think the movie looked good, but this so called "archived footage" is what intrigued me the most. So i decided to do some research to find out more about the so called "real events" this movie is based off of. From what i've gathered this sounds like a bunch of made up BS! This archived footage from what i've gathered is completely fake. Dr. Abigail Tyler is a made up person and the Alaskan boards of medicine and Psychology have never heard of such a person praciticing there. Also, this little gem of a website was recently made about a month ago, most people assum by the production studios. http://alaskapsychiatryjournal.org/entr ... r-Bio.html

There's no such thing as the Alaskan Pschiatry Jouranal.

Not that i didn't think that it was a distinct possibility, but it looks like the only REAL events this movie is based off of is a lot of people missing in Nome. Law authorities attribute it to a high alcohol abuse within the community mixed with a harsh landscape and some also attribute it to racial tensions amongst Nome residents. The production studios refuse to comment on any of this.

It really ticks me off when hollywood studios deceive people like this. They say it's based off of real events, but the movie is so far from the real events that they could hardly be related to each other. Then as if that weren't deceiving enough, they make up fake archived footage and call it real. I realize it's to sensationalze things, but atleast be some what honest. I probably won't see this movie in theatres, instead i'll opt to find some site that bootlegs it beccause if they are going to deceive me i have no problem not paying them money to support their movie. Like i said, the movie looks interesting but the fact that there is seemingly so much deception behind their plot really crushed what made this movie intrguing to me and i'm sure causes most people to be intrigued by it.

Other peoples thoughts?

J

JeffreyNYA

Sounds like it might turn out to be a really good marketing program. I highly doubt they are really going after the die hard UFO investigators. Its not likely most will go through all the trouble you did to find out of its real or not.

435T

lol that's actually funny, I saw a preview for it the other day at the theater (saw it in District 9 and then again in Inglorious Basterds) and thought it looked interesting. I had a feeling a lot of it was made up and I'm glad that you took the time to check it out. I will probably wait for it to come out on netflix now that I know this.

B

brandbll

435T":ntwe96gx said:
lol that's actually funny, I saw a preview for it the other day at the theater (saw it in District 9 and then again in Inglorious Basterds) and thought it looked interesting. I had a feeling a lot of it was made up and I'm glad that you took the time to check it out. I will probably wait for it to come out on netflix now that I know this.

I never trust any movie that says it was based on real events, and this one seemed like it was too good to be true. That's like if Inglorious Bastards would have stated it was based off real events and their excuse was, "Yeah, WWII was a real event, and this movie is suppose to take place during WWII." :|

Z

ZenGalacticore

Yep. Ever since 'Fargo' came out, you can't trust the 'based on real events' line. It used to be that you could trust the 'based on a true story' though.

L

lildreamer

here's there out though - "based on actual case studies" ok....case studies
and so the create a story based on the case studies does not mean they are representing the truth that these events taken place but ...they like the idea and therefore wrote a script taken elements out of the case study and creating their movie......

435T

brandbll":jogmd5o0 said:
435T":jogmd5o0 said:

I never trust any movie that says it was based on real events, and this one seemed like it was too good to be true. That's like if Inglorious Bastards would have stated it was based off real events and their excuse was, "Yeah, WWII was a real event, and this movie is suppose to take place during WWII." :|

lol, that would have been really funny if quentin tarantino had put "based off real events" at the beginning of the film.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts