The hybrid rocket

Oct 23, 2020
Visit site
The new technology has arrived at space traveling department. Have you ever heard about so- called hybrid rockets? The only think I know about them, is that this type of rocket is uncrewed and guided and used for test in under microgravity conditions. I wanna know why it is exactly hybrid and are there some crewed rockets like that?

I'm not sure just what hybrid you mean.

The most common hybrids I've seen are combined solid / liquid chemical rockets. Space Ship One used one of those. It burned rubber with oxygen. It makes for a nice compact rocket, though it doesn't have a great Specific Impulse. Unlike most Solid fuel rockets, you can turn it off by stopping the flow of oxygen.

Was this what you wanted to know?

Oct 23, 2020
Visit site
I'm not sure just what hybrid you mean.

The most common hybrids I've seen are combined solid / liquid chemical rockets. Space Ship One used one of those. It burned rubber with oxygen. It makes for a nice compact rocket, though it doesn't have a great Specific Impulse. Unlike most Solid fuel rockets, you can turn it off by stopping the flow of oxygen.

Was this what you wanted to know?
According to the infomation I`ve found about hybrid rocket, is that this rocket is manufactured by a space company from Scotland and it`s called Sky Hy The term ``hybrid`` has been given to this rocket because it combines solid Hydroxyl Terminated Polybutadiene (HTPB) fuel and 90% Hydrogen Peroxide (H202) liquid oxidiser.

Latest posts