The Man from U.N.C.L.E.

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

rogers_buck

Anyone remember that ancient show. I was too young to recall much. I wonder if it sucked or was good (somehow).

H

hracctsold

Be careful how you use the word ancient there, I was in Jr. High School when that was going on. For many people, that in itself is ancient now, Junior High School. As I remember it, they were from the U-nited N-ations C-ommand for L-aw E-nforcement, or some such words. There have been specials lately, within the last few months or so, about the show. As a kid, it was one of the coolest shows around, with all kinds of gadgets and gizsmo's. <br /><br />It even had a spin off or two from it's show, the girl from UNCLE and even, if you can believe it, Get Smart. You can catch it sometimes on some of the cable or sat. channels early mornings or used to. Some of the specials have said that even the CIA and other groups would call the show's people and ask where they got the idea for, or where did they get the plans for that latest gadget they used. Look for those specials, they are worth viewing. Even Get Smart had it's special items worth talking about. But when I grew up and got to watch some of Max Smart, all I could say was, that was DUMB. TVland is fun, but it does destroy some of your ideas of those old shows you did remember when younger.<br /><br />The man from UNCLE is dated now, but when I have watched them since, they still had some charm to them, and I even remembered some of the actions in them. Do you remember "The A-Team"? In their later shows they even had a character from UNCLE become one of their gov't controllers. And they had some of the more famous gadgets make surprise appearances, like "Open channel D, please," while talking to the pen micro-transmitter. But it was one of my more favorite memories of older shows as a kid.

C

claywoman

I remember that program very much!!! I remember being somewhat young and drooling over David McCallum as, God let me remember his name, 'Illiad Kurakan? I thought he was soo cool!!!

A

airconvent

oh yes...I remember that show fondly...<br />It was in the same class as "Wild Wild West". <br />Napolean Solo (Robert Vaughn) and Iilia Kuryakin (David McCallum). There was actually sequel in the form of a TV movie done some 10 years later in which both had retired into corporate jobs and UNCLE has evolved into a public agency! <br /> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p> </p><p><strong>To Boldly Go Where No Man Has Gone Before...</strong></p><p><strong>Live Long and Prosper</strong></p> </div>

B

beartooth

TVland is fun, but it does destroy some of your ideas of those old shows you did remember when younger. <br /><br />You're absolutely right. Sometimes the memories are way better than seeing these shows again after all this time.

D

davp99

U-nited N-etwork C-ommand for L-aw & E-nforcement. <br />IIRC...Great Show Way back when... <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <font size="4">Dave..</font> </div>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts