The Mars Land Rover

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Mathalomule94

Did NASA find life on mars? I am searching every site for info but i have little. can anyone direct me to a web site that might help, or tell me thier own thoughts.
also how did NASA expect to find life in dry ice (Co2) anyway isint that like the most inhabitable place even for micro organisims?

J

JonClarke

Welcome to the board!

Mathalomule94":1qp1slej said:
Did NASA find life on mars? I am searching every site for info but i have little. can anyone direct me to a web site that might help, or tell me thier own thoughts.

The short answer is not yet. But there are many aspects of Mars that indicate it is worthwhile to keep looking for past or present life . We have hardly scratched the surface of Mars at six sites to it will probably be decades before we can rule out the possibility of present life, and centuries to rule out past life. Remember too that even is Mars proves lifeless, this is very important result scientifically. So it is a very worthwhile effort

The Wikipedia life on Mars page http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Life_on_mars has lots of useful information. I suggest you read the section on Viking, meteorites, and methane to cover the main issues. This should give you a place to start. After than, Google is your friend. But discussion your thoughts here!

also how did NASA expect to find life in dry ice (Co2) anyway isint that like the most inhabitable place even for micro organisims?

NASA has not yet looked for life in martian dry ice. But were they do so in the martian polar caps (which are composed of both CO2 aqnd water ice) it would not be for living organisms, but for fossils or chemical traces. After all, dry ice would preserve these very well for millions of years.

Jon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts