The Model of Gravity

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

falkor

Does gravity have to be explained in the following way to fit Einstein's accurate equations?<br />*Matter warps space and time<br />*Matter moves along warped space<br />*This effect is called Gravity<br /><br />Or what happens if we model gravity like this?<br />*Gravity slows down time<br />*Matter attracts Matter<br />*This force is called Gravity

V

vandivx

well, yes, reason is those equations are tensorial equations that calculate (or represent) geometrical layout of space, its curvature (or generally deformation or warping) to be exact<br /><br />btw warped space is better than curved space IMO, good choice, only problem is it has associations with scifi movies<br /><br />vanDivX <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> </div>

R

R1

I could be wrong but I get the feeling you're also asking somewhere in your post<br />if gravity can be thought of as an effect vs. a force. If so then I would wonder how and why does<br />matter warp spacetime? And I would probably assign the name 'gravity' to the force or<br />mechanism by which matter warps spacetime. Either way it appears that gravity is a force.<br /> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> </div>

A

ashish27

Very little is known about gravity. I think gravity has a deeper cause than just warping of space time

M

MeteorWayne

And why do you think that? <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p><font color="#000080"><em><font color="#000000">But the Krell forgot one thing John. Monsters. Monsters from the Id.</font></em> </font></p><p><font color="#000080">I really, really, really, really miss the "first unread post" function</font><font color="#000080"> </font></p> </div>

A

ashish27

why would mass warp space?<br />what creates mass?<br />if the earth is cut into two halves would the 2 pieces have half the gravity?<br />do clumping of matter create gravity?<br />do nebulas have gravity?

O

origin

<font color="yellow">why would mass warp space?</font><br />Why? Don't know that's what matter does. Why do + and - attract? Don't know that's what they do.<br /><br /><font color="yellow">what creates mass?</font><br />Mass in the universe was created when the temperature was low enough after the big bang. If you mean why is there matter - Don't know.<br /><br /><font color="yellow">if the earth is cut into two halves would the 2 pieces have half the gravity?</font><br />Yes, F {is proportional to} (m1 m2)/ r^2<br /><br /><font color="yellow">do clumping of matter create gravity?</font><br />If you mean does matter coming together cause the gravity to increase the answer is yes - by the above equation.<br /><br /><font color="yellow">do nebulas have gravity?</font><br />All mass has gravity, so yes nebulas have gravity. Your coffee cup is exerting gravity on you, just not much. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> </div>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts