The Moon 2020 Why

Page 2 - Seeking answers about space? Join the Space community: the premier source of space exploration, innovation, and astronomy news, chronicling (and celebrating) humanity's ongoing expansion across the final frontier.
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

grooble

Could probably support a much larger human population too! I read once that the earth chould support 40 billion people.

M

mott

i would prefer that earth, mars, the moon, and europa support the 40 bill.

M

mott

bravo i love it! but i say we can make it sooner than 2020 if we wanted to first we could use nuke for power i know boo hsst nuke pollutes but in space i doubt that a little radiation from a nuke power plant is gonna make a difference.<br /> we start sending everything up as soon as we can get it loaded. i know we have unmanned rockets that can reach the moon. we crash land everything that is not fragile in a spicific spot. say less than 1sq km. that shouldnt be hard. any soft or breakable items we land those or drop them like they did with the mars rovers lower pressure in the air bags for lower grav. while this is going on we start sending up small craft that are not ment to ever enter the atmosphere just moon and back refuel and back to the moon. they do not land on either the moon or the earth they are just tugs. use soyuz rocket or the shuttle whatever you want to shuttle crew and very delicate equiptment to the tug. on the moon have a light rocket that just goes up and down for crew return, and a larger one for ore lift to orbit. all ore is stored in a box like regular cargo containers only slightly stronger and with heat sheilding and a chute system. when the tug enters earth orbit it just drops it over a specified landing site( desert, poles, whatever as long as its not populated) now you have your ore.

N

no_way

"but i say we can make it sooner than 2020"<br /><br />Sure, if you are a daring enterpreneur. Even investing your own money isnt absolutely necessary, for some ideas on how to do it check out permanent.com and the ideas here:<br />http://www.permanent.com/m-1stmis.htm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts