THE MOON~~~~DSLR THROUGH BINOCULARS!

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

drexyl26

Camera mounted on tripod. Binoculars held in one hand and held to the lens of the camera. Controlled camera with other hand. It was very tricky. Original pics on bottom. Slightly enhanced versions on top. BTW, what is that big white line across the giant black crater on the top left? A mountain? Also, why are some spots so much brighter? High spots? Out of a dozen tries these were the three best. Originals are much larger. Photobucket crushes image size.

Camera: Canon Rebel XS, 18mm-55mm lens
Binoculars: Bushnell 16x50 (BIG mofo's)

R

RonnieD

I think they turned out great considering the set up you used. Course more than I have. Another reason I think I really need to get a scope. Thank you for sharing :)

O

Orly198d

That's funny I did the exact same thing without the luxury of the tri-pod, I only managed to get 2 somewhat solid pictures due to the shake. As for the two areas you were asking about the line in the top of the shot is in the Mare Serenitatis, and there is also the Crater "Bessel" centered in the line towards the bottom middle of the line. That's all I got.

J

jgrtmp

Bino is much more motion inhibited that what you see in the mags. For good still images your going to need to step up & get a real scope & startracker site. From there you have a diversity of avenues to record observation. Some stay in time lapse stills & play the exposure time. I've seen some inginuity on utilizing video to establish a mean image of an object. Sounds funny but the Astronomer behind it was right on. What ever, binoculars are good for wide field spotter viewing and recording a random event if there is a camera attached. It sounds like your ready to move up though. Stick with the Forums & it won't be as expensive as you think...

R

rahulsahukar

buddy... get a good big mm numbered lens... pics would be much better.... something like 55-250mm canon...

Thx!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts