The other day there was malware here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

nec208

I gone to http://www.space.com and got HEUR:Trojan.Script.Iframer came up on Kaspersky .Saying there was malware.

Well Kaspersky blocked it but there was malware here on the site.It seems to be gone now and working okay.But the other day it was also slow and the layout was all mess up like bad HTML coding.

What was going on.

N

nec208

Did you team removed that ? it seems to be okay today .

On google search say HEUR:Trojan.Script.Iframer may be false positive other say if go to web site A it takes you to web site B.

Not sure realy what is HEUR:Trojan.Script.Iframer .

I was reading in past post here about other members getting malware in the adds may be that is how this came in.

A

adrenalynn

HEUR means it was a heuristics hit. Those are the most aggressive and most likely to be false positives.

That said, some of the advertisers here on the site have been legitimately bad, so you should allow Kaspersky to block anything that it thinks might be bad here. No reason to take a risk if you don't understand what that risk is and specifically trust it.

A

a_lost_packet_

adrenalynn":rq4sso02 said:
That said, some of the advertisers here on the site have been legitimately bad, so you should allow Kaspersky to block anything that it thinks might be bad here. No reason to take a risk if you don't understand what that risk is and specifically trust it.

Exactly so.

Not all anti-virus programs are equally adept at catching all known threats. That's why when my little testdrive of Avast pinged on a js package SDC was attempting to gift me with, I backed off from the site and started examining the situation. Nothing else I had burped up anything because Avast happened to be in front, capturing everything with its little sandbox first.

It appeared to a case of Avast not likely the compressed js package because it's known to be used to deliver malware... so, it flagged it. A few hours later, the package was no longer being flagged so I didn't bother with further attempts to track it down, except noting that it was no longer attempting to load.

(I had also had my first virus hit in years a few days earlier, hence why I was trying out Avast. But, though the virus did manage a partial infection, other securityware caught it before it could install its nastier payload. Only one package was able to detect it and only MalwareBytes could remove it successfully. It definitely pays to have multiple AV programs as long as you can get them to play well with each other.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts