The Psyche Mission: Visiting a metal asteroid

Oct 23, 2019
Visit site
16th asteroid ever found...since recorded history...

Truth is that it could be a tiny planet. Perhaps even one that will park it's way in our current solar system and expand until it grows to be a planet as big as earth. Well, if you can try to imagine that in the context if the expanding earth theory then it's not so far fetched, but if you are strictly going to totally ignore your imagination then you could be satisfied with the belief that it's just a shared knocked off or out of a planet billions of years ago.

Just a meaningless comment not meant to stir or strike up any controversy...thought just popped in my head for no reason.

COLGeek

16th asteroid ever found...since recorded history...

Truth is that it could be a tiny planet. Perhaps even one that will park it's way in our current solar system and expand until it grows to be a planet as big as earth. Well, if you can try to imagine that in the context if the expanding earth theory then it's not so far fetched, but if you are strictly going to totally ignore your imagination then you could be satisfied with the belief that it's just a shared knocked off or out of a planet billions of years ago.

Just a meaningless comment not meant to stir or strike up any controversy...thought just popped in my head for no reason.
This?

I don't think the "expand until it grows to be a planet as big as earth" will come to pass.

Catastrophe

"Science begets knowledge, opinion ignorance.
Ifr2, "Truth is that it could be a tiny planet."

No. You have got this wrong. It can only be the inside remains of a small planet/asteroid. These are formed by accretion of silicate, metal, etcetera. If then impacted the parts can be found separately as stony asteroid, metal asteroid or stoney metal asteroid. The metal does not form first and then grow, except when the metal core grows after collision.

Cat :)

Latest posts