The Speed up of the universe

Status
Not open for further replies.
E

evilellis2

Hi All, <br /><br />Please can anyone please give me a logical reason why the is expanding at the rate it is. if the universe is expanding could the universe move on top of something like a energy of some kind and every time there is a explosion from a big bang we move across this energy or liquid. it sounds stupid. better than this string theory mess and the long lost energy that we cant see but holds everything together.

M

mooware

<font color="yellow">Please can anyone please give me a logical reason why the is expanding at the rate it is</font><br /><br />I think the jury is still out on this problem. <br /><br /><br />

N

newtonian

evilellis2 - Hi back!<br /><br />It is evidence of fine tuning for life by our Creator.<br /><br />"Although most scientists trace the universe back to a very small, dense beginning (a singularity), we cannot avoid this key issue: "If at some point in the past, the Universe was once close to a singular state of infinitely small size and infinite density, we have to ask what was there before and what was outside the Universe. . . . We have to face the problem of a Beginning."-Sir Bernard Lovell.<br /><br />This implies more than just a source of vast energy. Foresight and intelligence are also needed because the rate of expansion seems very finely tuned. "If the Universe had expanded one million millionth part faster," said Lovell, "then all the material in the Universe would have dispersed by now. . . . And if it had been a million millionth part slower, then gravitational forces would have caused the Universe to collapse within the first thousand million years or so of its existence. Again, there would have been no long-lived stars and no life." - "Is There a Creator who Cares About You?", pp. 12-14

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts