The Starlink Minefield: The Stealth Domination of Space

J5NXfeYJHn8Hm75f6vCWjR.jpg

Why is the Starlink project going forward? We are already at the edge of triggering the Kessler Syndrome. The runaway chain reaction that will turn Earth’s orbit into a satellite and spacecraft killing ground.

The economic value for the improved satellite communications is a pretty marginal economic argument.

The military value of 10,000’s of satellites in layered orbits beggars the imagination.

The American’s are putting a minefield in space.

Starlink can also be adapted to other military roles once numerical dominance is achieved.

A space internet project hiding a secret military program to take over the world. It doesn’t get any better than this.

"Able to use Department of Defense provided debris data to autonomously avoid collision."

They are already wired into the American Department of Defense. Data can include targeting data,

SpaceX can expect a request from several countries demanding that SpaceX immediately de-orbit all 538 satellites. Their continued presence in Space will be considered an Act of War.

The costly collateral damage from Elon Musk's Starlink satellite fleet.

"A colossal chess game of immense consequences is being fought in outer space, right now. On March 18 and April 22 2020, two rockets from SpaceX, owned by billionaire Elon Musk, each put 60 satellites into orbit. Those launches are but the sixth and seventh in a series intended to rapidly make 1,584 satellites available."

How many people have signed up for Elon Musk’s internet service? He has a blitzkrieg program to get his satellites into space but he isn’t trying that hard to recoup his investment.

I am also not familiar with any technology or protocols that allow millions of ground connections to be rapidly handed off to multiple satellites. Hundreds of dedicated military connections can be created with the technology and protocols available today.

Phased array receiving antennas? So, SpaceX is distributing military grade receivers for receiving internet? If you have a phased array receiver you are just one step away from phased array radar. Over the counter phased array radar would be a game changer.

Do you know anything about Elon Musk’s childhood?

The Empire recruits the angry. The more righteous the anger, the more emotional strings that the Empire has vast experience playing.

The Empire consists of the powerful status quo. The Empire’s policies have created a planet full of angry victims that the benevolent mask of the Empire has no problem recruiting.

The Empire sows suffering and harvests anger. By definition that would make the Empire…. evil.

Oct 16, 2020
Visit site
Although I do think that Starlink could be used for military stuff, starlink itself is not well positioned to be defensible as it is in lower orbit, and the satalites are small, and like many other satalites are able to easily be destroyed. Actual military satalites tend to be put at higher earth orbits that make them more costly and difficult to take out with missile strikes. Like the internet itself starlink has the benefit of having a level of redundancy built in because it can route in space, much like the internet can route on the ground through multiple backbones. This does take away the ability to take out a single satalite via a missile strike but here is the thing to take out most starlink satalites all you would need to do is put a debris filed around that alitutude. Starlink sats can mavouver so it might take a number of missile strikes but creating a debris field is possible to take out the system. So while versatile and redunant, it is not really that defensible to a determined state if for instance China, as there arn't many analogs would want to take that system out. Frankly Elon Musk is on working terms in China as far as I am aware. If you know any actual military applications being used by starlink share them. I am not aware of them. I would not doubt the US military would have some use for starlink but they tend to launch their own satalites. Also starlink seems to be focused in north america right now so it will have to wait on the rollout. While they do need to wait for launch windows... while interfering with a launch, physics would generally provide for a spaceship to win over a starlink mine, in their current build specs. I have to add that the US is very dependent upon its space assets for their military quality and would be substantially impaired by loss of the space domain. Creating a strike target that would substantially impair operations by creating a supermassive debris field would likely not be in the interests of the US unless they had an alternative or their high orbit assets could operate through that debris field. They would not want to put assets in space that would create an inability to operate through the space domain. This is why they put their important military assets in high orbits to make them more complex strike points.

Last edited:
Reactions: serhiy1635
The giveaway for the Starlink torpedo or minefield is the number and the time table for the deployment of the satellites. We already have a space debris problem and most people already have the internet.

Torpedoes have to be faster and more maneuverable than their targets. A lot of the historical “secret science” suggests that the Starlink torpedoes have an advanced propulsion system and are very responsive. The current push by the military to recognize “UFO’s” is a cover for the secret science programs of the last 70 years which developed the Starlink torpedo.

Any effective military system in space would always have one trait, numerical superiority. I have seen numbers where as many as 30,000 Starlink torpedoes would be deployed.

This is not the internet; this is an invasion.

Oct 23, 2020
Visit site
The giveaway for the Starlink torpedo or minefield is the number and the time table for the deployment of the satellites. We already have a space debris problem and most people already have the internet.

Torpedoes have to be faster and more maneuverable than their targets. A lot of the historical “secret science” suggests that the Starlink torpedoes have an advanced propulsion system and are very responsive. The current push by the military to recognize “UFO’s” is a cover for the secret science programs of the last 70 years which developed the Starlink torpedo.

Any effective military system in space would always have one trait, numerical superiority. I have seen numbers where as many as 30,000 Starlink torpedoes would be deployed.

This is not the internet; this is an invasion.
You have one thing correct, many people already have the internet. The Starlink program has always been aimed at the parts of the globe that do not have reliable high-speed internet access such as Central Africa or many of the Pacific Islands. Yes, the US Military is looking at piggy-backing on the Starlink Network but that is by no means a given at this point and is definitely not the reason Starlink was planned and built. Just my $.02 cents!

A military advantage based on emergent technology is so transient. In my childhood, running around after dark I would encounter my most stealthy nemesis, the clothes line.

I believe my childhood nemesis could be adapted to work quite well in space.

Oct 23, 2020
Visit site
Starlink is a satellite internet constellation being constructed by SpaceX providing satellite Internet access. The constellation will consist of thousands of mass-produced small satellites in low Earth orbit, working in combination with ground transceivers. SpaceX also plans to sell some of the satellites for military, scientific, or exploratory purposes. I assume it is a bad idea to be done because turning that into a weapon might be very dangerous for whole population of Earth. Moreover, as William Ashley said this type of satellite must be completely rebuilt. He actually made a good point)).

S
Starlink is a satellite internet constellation being constructed by SpaceX providing satellite Internet access. The constellation will consist of thousands of mass-produced small satellites in low Earth orbit, working in combination with ground transceivers. SpaceX also plans to sell some of the satellites for military, scientific, or exploratory purposes. I assume it is a bad idea to be done because turning that into a weapon might be very dangerous for whole population of Earth. Moreover, as William Ashley said this type of satellite must be completely rebuilt. He actually made a good point)).
Space X' first Starlink customer was the US Ari Force, the second was the US Navy. They wanted to see if the system might be useful for communications in remote areas. It worked (somewhat). But the satellites use publicly available internet systems and are not 'Secure' militarily speaking.

The solution is then a second layer of Starlink satellites which are encrypted and militarily secure. That's what Space X is selling the new Space Force. It may take a decade or more to put it in place.

Other countries are looking at this idea too. Why do you think the British government bought into the One Web system. It's the only other existing large satellite constellation.

I doubt that the Government of the UK really only wants to supply farmers in Rowanda and Indonesia with internet connection.

Russia and China are just starting to look into the things as well.

One Web is higher than is Space X though. The Starlink satellites are actually orbiting in the outer fringes of the atmosphere. They will only stay up around ten years or so. That's why they don't have to worry too much about space junk. It falls down at that altitude. The Starlink sat's have thrusters built in to keep them up and to avoid any collisions.

Many corporations will use this with some VPN (Virtual Private Network) setup. Some nations might just want to set up VPN's on the back of this backbone. The US may even be one of them, but the real secure stuff will never go that way.

You don't have the technology to do it in hours? How much would it be worth it to you to do it in hours?
It's a question of scale and amount. The atmosphere expands somewhat in the daytime and contracts at night. The upper reaches where all this takes place is rather diffuse. Probably a better vacuum than most high or collage laboratories can get. But it's still there in a diffuse form. it slows satellites over years and decades. Large reconnaissance satellites and little lose nuts and bolts, all of it.

The problem with trying such things at scale is that the solar wind exerts pressure on that gas. Some is inevitably blown away from the planet. Earth, like Mars loses it's air slowly with time. That is a function of both gravity, solar excitation, the solar wind, the magnetosphere and a few other concerns. It's slower for Earth because Earth is larger. It's why we have a Thicker atmosphere than Mars. In the time of the Dinosaurs, estimates are that the pressure was around a quarter greater than it is today. During the earlier coal era it was greater by fully a third.

The sun was slightly weaker in the past, but there is loss of atmosphere over time. It's rather slow. It takes tens of millions of years to really be able to measure it. Satellites though can and do detect the molecules blown off of Earth. It's true for Mars also.

The biggest losses come from volcanic eruptions, but asteroid collisions and solar flares also strip off substantial amounts of air and water as well over geologic time scales.

So yes, causing large bubbles of air to move upwards will degrade satellites in low orbits. But it's not really a good idea. The atmosphere is vast, but it is ultimately a limited resource. We shouldn't waste it.

Koestler Syndrome is a real possibility, but even with the full projected load of very low satellites from Space X, Kistler and One web up there, there will still be hundreds of miles between any two satellites most of the time. Close approaches still miss each other by fifty miles or more except on some rare occasions. There has only been one collision between two satellites that wasn't intentional. Much more for space junk, but then there are a few thousand satellites and several million bits of Space Junk.

Left alone, the junk load will slowly erode away. Gravity from the Earth does slow satellites below Geosynchronous Orbit slightly with time for that above even the low low pressures we are talking about here, and all the low orbiting junk will eventually fall to the ground. That above Geosynchrous Orbit will similarly over time be accelerated outwards, though that takes millions of years.

So you just have to be patient. Wait a few million years and the problem will be gone.

Latest posts